Chapter 12

Hey guys. I know I've been taking an extra long time to update and I'm sorry. I have sports and school going on and I'm trying my very hardest to update as soon as possible. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! -Kay😜
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Hawkins post, Nancy fills a coffee mug, as she looks at her small pad of notes.

As she continues pouring, she read the Doris Driscoll bit she had written down quickly, unbeknownst the coffee she was pouring had overfilled.

"Oh, shit, shit!" Nancy says quietly as she grabs paper towels.

"Whoopsie-daisy!" Bruce, the annoying douche bag, shouts, watching her mistake.

"Careful there, Nancy Drew. Careful," Bruce teases meanly as the men around snicker.

"Pouring coffee's a tough gig, girl," Bruce adds as he laughs his ass off.

Nancy takes a deep breath as she grabs the coffee, along with cream and sugar.

She entered Tom, her boss's, office, carefully setting down the coffee in front of him.

"And here you are, two creams, two sugars," Nancy says as she sets down the other packaged ingredients.

"Thanks, sweetheart," Tom says as he peers over his glasses, that were falling down the bridge of his nose.

"Of course," Nancy says with a nod as Tom takes a sip of his freshly brewed coffee.

"Tom?" She asks as he hums in response, then swallowing the bitter but sweet liquid.

"I really hate to ask this, but do you think one of the other girls could run and grab lunch today?" Nancy asks as politely as possible.

Tom pauses as he glances outside of his office window, glancing at the other women.

"They're needed at their desks," Tom answers as he puts the cup of coffee to his lips once again.

"I know, I just, um I really need to go to the doctor," Nancy says as she bends over lightly, making sure he heard him but no one else did.

"I've been having some um girl problems," Nancy whispers quietly.

Tom coughs nervously on his coffee, not expecting such explanation, while nodding, excusing her.

Nancy, as soon as possible, walks over to Jonathan's 'office', which was a photographer room.

She swings the door open, making Jonathan groan in annoyance.

"Oh, come on! The light!" Jonathan complains as he points to he bright lights that could ruin the picture.

"Let's go," Nancy says as she motions her head outside.

As they walk outside towards the car, Nancy held her notepad that gave the information needed as Jonathan fumbled with his camera.

"Look, I just-I just don't know if this is such a good idea anymore," He says as they get to the car.

"Really? Because I feel like it's the best idea I've had all summer," Nancy disagrees as she opens the car door.