Chapter 16

At StarCourt Mall, you had parked your car in a front row parking spot, gaining the best view of the mall.

"So, what do you think?" You ask with a smirk as you take your key out of the ignition.

When there was no answer, you turn your shoulders to face El in the back.

She was looking out the side window at the mall.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Max asks as she taps her knee slightly.

El was silent for a moment

"Too many people. Against the rules," El mumbles as she looks at the large building longingly.

You glance at Max and snicker.

"Are you kidding? We have powers sis!" You laugh as a joyful smile caresses your face.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Max asks as the two of you begin to get out of the car, allowing Eleven to crawl out from the back of the car.

The three of you linked arms as you all giggle and run into the mall.

All of you stand in the center of the two story mall and look around at ALL the shops.

"Pretty cool, huh?" You ask with a smirk.

El looks around completely astonished.

"So, what should we do first?" El asks as she glances between you nod Max.

Max chuckles as she looks at El.

"You've never been shopping before, have you?" Max asks as she tugs Els arm slightly.

"We got plenty of cash to try everything!" You say excitedly as you start fidgeting slightly.

You glance around at the large mall and spot the first store you wished to shop at.

"Come on!" You shout as you tug Els left arm, that was connected to your right, that drug Max along with your movement towards your destination.

The three of you laughed and giggled as you entered the store.

But unbeknownst to you... Will, Mike, and Lucas were in the mall as well, just nearly missing the three of you.

"I just- I don't understand what we're looking for," Mike asks as he runs his fingers through his jet black locks.

"Something pretty and shiny that says 'I'm sorry'," Lucas says as he looks around at the small shops and carts.

"What? Just something that literally says 'I'm sorry'?" Mike asks, not quite grasping Lucas' concept.

"No!" Lucas shouts loudly.
<<<•••>>>

Meanwhile, you, Max, and El were busy shopping.

El comes to a sudden halt, seeing a manikin wearing something she liked.

"You like that, don't you?" You ask with a smile as you nudge her lightly. 

"How do I know what I like?" El asks as you see some clothes behind you.

"You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you," Max says with a shrug as you begin to look through the racks of clothing.

"Like me?" El asks as she glances at both of you.

"Yeah," You say as you turn and nod your head, walking towards El.

"Not Hopper. Not Mike..." Max trails as she glances at you.

"Just you...," you say as you wrap your arms around Els shoulders.
<<<•••>>>