Chapter 13

Meanwhile, you and Max hung out together outside of your large, expensive house.

The boys, meaning Will, Lucas, and Mike called an emergency meeting, 'no girls allowed'.

Of course you were pissed but Will was sweet about it, so you decided to spend the day with Max.

"Oh my God!! Try a kick flip!" You shout as you ride your bike next to Max, who rode a skateboard.

"I'll try, no promises though!" She laughed, making you giggle.

She tried the kickflip, but ultimately failed.

You both laugh at her fail as she skate board rolls away.

Suddenly, it was stopped, making you and Max look up.

It was Eleven, she had stopped the board, picked it up, and walked towards you.

"Hey sis!" You say excitedly as you hop off of your bike and engulf her in a hug.

"Hi," she says quietly as she hugs you back.

You sensed the unsureness and sadness in her emotions.

Something was aggravating her.

"Is everything okay...?" You trail, knowing something was up.

"Can we talk?" She asks, looking at both you and Max.

You glance at Max, making sure it was okay.

She nodded as you led them both into your big house, and eventually your large room.

El explained everything that happened between her and Mike.

Max paced back and forth, thinking, while you sat next to El, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"And then he said he-he missed me," El stutters as she leans into you.

"And then he just hung up," El says as you kiss the top of her head.

"Damn..." you whisper, sympathy filling you.

"He's a piece of shit," Max says suddenly, making you and El look at her with wide eyes.

"What?" El asks, making sure she heard Max right.

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick," Max says as she pauses her pacing, looking at El and you.

"I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now," Max says as she points to the ground at the words 'right now'.

You nod your head, agreeing.

"Will was called to a 'emergency meeting, just boys' today. Max is right, El..." you trail, giving the sad truth to her.

"But friends don't lie," El says broken-heartedly.

"Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time," Max says as she sits down on the other side of El.

"Well... mine doesn't.." you mutter as Max shoots you a brow raise.

"Well yeah, because your a walking, talking lie detector, how could he lie?" Max says with a shrug.

You furrow our eyebrows, not sure if what she said was good or bad.
<<<•••>>>

Meanwhile... at the Wheelers estate.

"She knows I'm lying. She knows I'm lying!" Mike says repetitively as he pace back and forth.

"I don't even understand. Why lie?" Lucas asked from his position on the couch.

"Hopper. He threatened me," Mike says as his hands shake frantically, trying to explain to his friend.