09

warning; mentions of abuse.

kth.

Taehyung lets out a sigh and roamed around the room as everyone else's eyes were on him. His view eventually landed on Jeongguk and remained there, but he soon had to tear it away from the younger.

"In celebration of the new heir finally making his presence on the throne, many people have been invited to the palace for a party that's two months from now. Invitations have been sent out..so Jimin and I have been invited along. I'm not sure who else is going to be there, but it will be very crowded.." Taehyung states when everybody waited for an explanation from him.

"The new king will be revealed to the public and crowned in front of everybody else, so people are going to attend the party. I was thinking.. we could 'break in' on the same day as the party. I reckon that people won't be as focused on any ruckus caused - they'll be more curious to lookout for the new king." He continues, eventually wandering back to the table.

Taehyung gripped on the edges of the table and looked down. His hair gently meddled with his eyelashes, quickly bringing the thought to taehyung that he should cut his hair at some point.

"Surely if there will be plenty of guards by the entrance to overlook the guests, don't you think that they will remain there? I don't think that there will be as many guards in the back, so this would be a great chance to get in for those who will be on the outside."

They all pondered to themselves about what Taehyung has just said, still thinking carefully about their decisions.

Namjoon is the first to reply to Taehyung's idea. "The security might be tighter than ever, we can't risk anything - we also have to take into account that they might hire more security just in case."

Taehyung hadn't thought of that, so he chewed on his lip as he thought of what else to do. Jeongguk faintly nudged Taehyung and looked at his lips; indicating to the older that he shouldn't chew on his lips as it's a bad habit.

"So how exactly can we get inside? There's going to be only one entrance open.. and we can't exactly go to the back and expect there to be an open way or something.." Yoongi continued the conversation, looking at Taehyung expectantly.

"I will be inside, I have the invitation." Taehyung murmurs, looking back at Yoongi. "I will be able to navigate my around.. maybe 'pretend' to look for a toilet and boom, I accidentally let you in somehow?"

Everybody seems content with the idea, but soon hoseok asks, "how come you and Jimin got the invitation?"

"Oh, that's true.. how come we didn't get one and you did?" Jeongguk asks, looking into Taehyung's orbs.

Taehyung goes silent for a while and the tension rises in the room, making everyone else on edge as they don't know what to expect from Taehyung's answer. He gulps before proceeding to speak.

"That's because I'm the heir."

Silence.

"Okay, what the fuck." Yoongi blinks too many times, trying to process what Taehyung just said.

Almost everybody in the room is completely taken by surprised; they're baffled. They stand in disbelief, almost thinking that Taehyung thought it's a good time to pull a stunt like this, but no. Taehyung stands there with a serious expression drawn on his face.

"Take a seat as I'm about to tell you kids a story." Taehyung speaks up after no words come from their mouths. They all do as they're told; eyes never leaving Taehyung.