22

jjk.

After an hour or so, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jeongguk and Jimin were on their way to the palace. It appeared that Jimin had hired some car to pick them up so that they could arrive to the ball at 11 p.m. sharp. The crowning is supposed to happen precisely at half past midnight, meaning that once Taehyung makes an appearance with the crowd, they'll have plenty of time to familiarize themselves with him.

They arrived within twenty-five minutes of departing, and in all honesty, they were shocked upon seeing how glamorous the setting around them actually appeared. Even the exterior walls were decorated with care - especially when endless lights were emerging through the decrepit Victorian windows.

Upon entering the building, it felt like being transported into another world; a dream.

When Jeongguk first placed his foot inside, he couldn't believe at how crowded the entire place already was; guests, servants, security guards - every single person's presence added to the growing body count in the area.

To take his focus off of the busy crowd, Jungkook attempted at taking a scan at the setting instead. His eyes shot up to the ceiling immediately; expecting to find nothing but a grey, bland ceiling yet instead, he was met with a marvelous sight. A large painting was stretched vertically across the top, with a golden frame attached to it which was practically yelling "you're broke" at Jeongguk.

He huffed (mostly to himself, though he still received a weirded-out look from the odd stranger here and there), then he averted his attention onto the grand, thin poles than hung down from the ceiling and outstretched into various directions - all to hold up pots for a couple of spherical plants that had minuscule flowers popping out.

Jeongguk's eye twitched slightly. Do the royals really spend their money on making their place look better than my ass when they COULD donate the same money to charities? Wow..

Other than that, the palace looked extraordinary; golden-themed tapestry was plastered amongst every wall in sight, accompanied by massive hanging banners that appeared to have been hand-crafted with the utmost of care.

He also noticed that the servants are trying to swerve around the dancers and other strangers who keep getting in their way; making Jeongguk feel like this is some sort of club party instead of a royal ball - honestly, those servants should join a dance group.

He noticed that Jimin was intently staring at everything around him - most likely observing whether anything in the building was new or not; comparing to the last time he was here. Seeing how there are many lazy people in the world, Jeongguk assumed that the decorations (and even the furniture), weren't moved around because he highly doubted that people would constantly have the energy to push a load of metal and plastic around.

You need to focus, Jeongguk...

He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment to regain himself, then he let out a deep breath before straightening out his posture. Focus.

Jeongguk quickly located where Namjoon and Hoseok were located - the pair of them had already commenced with the plan, seeing how they were engaged in some sort of conversation. After Jeongguk's interest was piqued, he walked over to the other two. In their presence already stood two other rich folks who were gently swaying the champagne in their flutes; enjoying the way in which tiny bubbles arose every now and then.

"So, what do you do in your free time?" Namjoon asked with that confident voice of his; engaging eye contact with the fifty-year-old man whose lips were crustier than a pile of shriveled leaves. Even the thought of staring at his lips for too long weirded Jeongguk out..

"Ah, you know.. Owning a club is a lot of work. Always making sure that my workers aren't slacking off on their shifts, and if they are.. then you know what happens.." The guy suggestively rose his eyebrows and gently nudged Namjoon's side; making both of them chuckle to themselves, (though Namjoon's laugh sounded a bit too fake to Jeongguk's liking).