21

kth.

Over the remaining couple of days, the group of boys were going through their last preparations; they had to ensure that their plan was spotless and didn't consist of any mistakes, loopholes or anything of the sort that could get them in trouble. On the morning of the last day, everybody was on edge - even Seokjin and Yoongi kept chewing non-stop on their lips, attacking the poor flesh as if it was some sort of prey. Despite the fact that they were the ones staying back to give out directions, the entire thing fell on them - if they give out the wrong piece of information as to where to go, they could accidentally lead the boys into the hands of trouble.

Therefore, the group was making extremely thorough preparations for the ball later that evening.

"Jeongguk, go get toilet paper."

The boy sighed and pushed his weight off the kitchen counter before grabbing his jacket, then he immediately took ahold of Taehyung's arm along the way; thus, dragging him outside alongside the younger.

Once they got outside, Jeongguk inhaled the fresh air before letting go of Taehyung's arm, then he started hopping down the stairs before eventually grabbing the fence and jumping over, landing effortlessly.

"You seem happy?"

Jeongguk chuckled and waited for Taehyung to come downstairs into the parking lot, before shaking his head. "I'm just trying to stay positive! I know that everybody is nervous about this whole thing.. but I knew that if I disturbed them, they wouldn't be happy. Honestly, if somebody interrupted my work during a serious moment, I wouldn't be thrilled either."

Taehyung slowly nodded whilst comprehending what Jeongguk said, then he smiled to himself - even in a situation like this, Jeongguk was acting rather mature. Of course, he's not saying that Jeongguk is usually immature, no. He believes that he's acting more mature than the rest of the group - especially more mature than Taehyung himself, since the guy had the urge to behave in such a manner that nobody would approve of.

"Uh, Jeongguk? You didn't bring money with you." Taehyung stated, eyeing his completely empty hands; not even holding a bag of some sort was accommodating his shoulders.

"That's because I don't need one." A smirk grew on Jeongguk's face before he started running off, with Taehyung immediately in pursuit.

Taehyung's eyes were glued to the back of Jeongguk's head - right up until the younger started jumping on railings to host himself higher, then he grabbed onto cut-off ladders before using solely his upper body strength to pull himself upwards.

Taehyung smirked at Jeongguk's strength, then he took a deep breath.

"Parkour, huh?"

Taehyung started running along the streets whilst Jeongguk started racing along the rooftops. Eventually, he ran into a secluded alleyway that was overrun with large garbage boxes. He ran up and hopped on one, before looking upwards for more ways to climb upwards.

He grabbed onto the scattered windowsills along the buildings, before pulling himself upwards onto the higher windowsills with all his might. His eyes scanned the rest of the building, then he turned his head around to observe the adjacent building. He eventually found a drainpipe that he could latch himself onto, so he gave himself a push before he jumped onto the mentioned object.

After firmly gripping on it, he placed his feet on the little bracelets that held the pipes in place. He then started climbing upwards, occasionally placing his feet on the elbows of the pipe since it helped him climb more quickly and efficiently.

Taehyung let out a sigh and glanced upwards, noticing that he was almost at the top. He scrunched his nose whilst thinking of how else to get up without damaging the drainpipe. He grabbed onto the gutter; hoping it doesn't break whilst withstanding his weight, then he pulled himself upwards and quickly reached up over to grab the edges of the roof top.