33

jjk.

Nevertheless, his mask acted as a good shield that protected his face for the majority of the time and to his avail, nobody had recognized him.

Having arrived at the palace gates, Jeongguk was only able to see a certain number of things due to his partially blocked vision – his hair was getting long (blocking his sight). The strands of hair that poked underneath the cap were also pricking his eyes – not making anything easier.

Jeongguk and Taehyung left the taxi after paying the driver and Jeongguk watched as Taehyung took a deep breath before turning around. Taehyung placed his hands on Jeongguk's shoulders and started speaking. "Jeongguk, I need you to be on your best behaviour."

Jeongguk looked into Taehyung's eyes and noticed that the older was using his 'puppy-eye' act on him once again. Rolling his eyes, he chuckled and replied, "Yeah, yeah. Baby, you've been telling me the same thing over and over again. Best behaviour, no talking, no eye-contact. I got it."

Taehyung let out a sigh and then approached the gate. Jeongguk was following close behind, with his eyes shooting downwards to avoid staring ahead. At first, he was going to simply stare at the ground but after a certain thing caught his attention, his focus remained solely on one place – Taehyung's bubbly ass.

The guards by the gate needed to inspect Taehyung at first – just like they do with all visitors – however, upon noticing that the King was demanding entry, the guard didn't waste another moment to open the gate.

As soon as everybody noticed that Taehyung had returned, all guards immediately stood up straight and saluted; making Taehyung feel as if he was a soldier for an army rather than a King.

Jeongguk was thankful for his concealed face because he could feel all of the attention digging into the back of his head. Of course, the attention would be on him – the guards' duty was to protect Taehyung; however, he goes missing and suddenly appears with a stranger. Who wouldn't be suspicious?

Gradually approaching the palace doors, even more guards approached and did a bow straight away – proving that Taehyung has plenty of superiority here.

"Your majesty! I hope you're alright! Is there anything that you might need?" A guard said whilst doing a 90-degree bow. "I will make sure to supply it to your bedroom as soon as possible!"

Taehyung turned his head towards the guard and replied. "Get me food and a change of clothes. I assume that my newest set of clothes have arrived by now?"

"They have, your majesty! I'll get to it right away!" The guard said before standing back up and dashing away to complete the orders.

Ahead of them, the guards had already bowed and opened the doors – all ready for Taehyung to continue walking without any delay. However, one guard dared to stop Jeongguk after letting Taehyung go past. The guard stopped him with his arm, stepping forward and staring right into Jeongguk's eyes.

"Sir, I'm going to need you reveal your identity. Please understand, as this is for the sake of his majesty's safety."

Jeongguk stopped thinking for a moment and furrowed his eyebrows together; unsure of what to do. He hesitantly started bringing his hand towards his mask, but soon enough, he was saved.

Jeongguk watched as Taehyung slowly turned around, however, his aura seemed to have changed. His eyebrows were also forced together because of the noticeable creases between them, and his eyes were as sharp as ever – they were practically shooting daggers at the guard.

"Stop." He spoke with the lowest bass voice possible – it was filled with an intimidating tone that wasn't one to be played around with. At this, Jeongguk couldn't help but smirk at his actions – it has been a while since he's seen this change of character within Taehyung. In his point of view, it was exhilarating. Why? Because not even five minutes ago, Taehyung was making his adorable puppy-dog eyes towards Jeongguk and now, it almost seemed as if he wasn't going to hesitate to slice a hoe.