Chapter 5: Redamancy

Travis's POV
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Phillip sure was acting strange this morning.. he seemed rather off and much more... Him than usual. He was a little too touchy as well, I wonder what's going on.. taking a sip of the water I held in a glass elegantly, my eyes glued to the moving pictures flashing across the screen, now that Philip had turned on the television, I cannot seem to turn it off. Perhaps it makes better entertainment than staring out the window twenty-four-seven... But all at the same time, I still felt a little childish upon doing so... The plot was horrible in almost every movie I had watched on it, and it was filled with nothing but drama... It simply is pathetic how today's modern technology has developed into nothing but pity parties and over dramatized scenarios. Then again, this just may be on this channel.. standing up from the couch, I then walked over my desk were I collected my phone and glanced at the time before flipping it back down to close it. It's a little late... Perhaps I should go to bed.. but the reoccurring thought of the letter from Sal makes it so much harder to do so. Maybe just getting started on my letter back to him would settle my mind. After a moment or two of pondering about the topic, I sat down at my desk and flipped off the television with the remote and took a deep breath in, then let it out to clam myself and focus.

"Okay.."

I couldn't help but mutter aloud as I gazed down at the clean sheet of letter paper I had waiting for ink as I tapped my pen agaisnt the smooth surface.

"..."

Dear Sally Face,

I have found that--

No... Crumbling up the piece of paper and tossing it behind me, I then proceeded to turn to a clean page and began to write again. Taking a deep breath in before doing so and letting out slowly.

My Dearest Sally Face,

I have received your letter and am quiet honored to--

"Fuck!!"

I cursed as thoughts of anxiety about my choice of words caused me to rip out the page and crumble it up into a ball as my building anger began to reach its boiling point.

"This is just like highschool all over again.."

Why cannot I not seem to write a simple letter agreeing to speak to thin-- wait a minute.. did I even agree upon speaking to him again? Glancing over to the right of me, where said letter lay, I grabbed it up in my hands and unfolded it to re-read it's contents.

"......."

This proved nothing but to add more anxiety to my already fizzing chemical imbalance. Should I? Perhaps speak with him again? Or... Is it all a simple trap and it's not even from Sally? But.. it seems to smell like him.. it has the slightest scent of freshly picked daisies on it.. and.. this seems to be his handwriting.. but.. of course..anyone can imitate another writing style if they try..  how could I tell it's from him for sure? I would think to ask Phillip what his regards are to this.. but.. like I said, he seems somewhat off today... Perhaps I should write back a simple letter containing a simple question to see if it really is him.. supposedly that is the smart thing to do.. just for safety precautions..

Dear Sally Face,

As the letter I received from you, supposedly you, seems very flattering and such, but it would seem that I feel you are not who you say you are. Perhaps you acquire information that only you and I share.. tell me such information and I will consider speaking to you..

Sincerely yours,
Travis Phelps

Setting my pen down carefully on the table, I then reached for a new envelope to place the letter in as my anger seemed to get the best of me while doing. I had ripped at least three envelopes trying to get the neatly folded letter inside. How dare someone try to fool me into thinking they were the Sally Face, the only one I truly desire? Those foolish morons will soon see that I'm am not one easy to trick, I am just as smart and as cunning as they suppose they are, when all they really are would perhaps be fat, sorry swines.. covered in the filth of greedy ignorance.. they will see. They will all see.. quickly snapping out of my thoughts, I then grabbed my phone and flipped it back open as I had before, and pulled up Phillips number he had given in case of emergencies, right now was not one I suppose, but, rather a way to get his attention without leaving my apartment.
----------------------------------------------------------