Chapter 12: Dysphoria

Travis's POV
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Upon waking, I did not find Phillip anywhere in sight.. had he left again? Perhaps he was in the bathroom. Upon closer inspection, I did not find him to be in the bathroom, due to the fact that the light was off from what I could see under the door. That is unless he was taking a shower in the dark, which I do not think he would do. Sighing softly, I craned my neck a little to look around the table top at the door of the storage room and heard someone speaking from within. He must be in there.. ah.. but I have this throbbing headache that just simply will not go away.. I wish to yell for him, but I fear it will only add more pain to my already aching head. Giving it a chance, I then weakly called out for Phillip.

"Ph-Phillip!"

He didn't seem to hear me, due to the fact that he didn't answer me back. Trying again, I called out a little louder this time.

"Phillip! I-I.."

Trailing off as my head began to pound from the volume of my voice, I then laid back and held my head as the pain began to get so incredibly painful, that my eyes had begun to water.

"Philllllllip!!!"

I cried as if I were dying and soon found him opening the door to the room I had thought him to be in and poking his head out, staring at me and smiling softly.

"Yeah, T?"

"My head hurts Phillip.."

"I'll be right there Travis, give me one moment."

"Oh, do hurry! It feels as if my head is going to burst at any moment.."

Covering my head with the blanket to avoid the light of the room hitting my eyes, I didn't notice he had shut the door again. Just what was he doing in there?

"Phillip!!"

I cried again as the door opened again and reveled him rushing to my aid.

"Do tell what you are doing in there.."

"It's not important Travis, really, just.. looking for something.. uh.. what did you say you needed?"

"I did not say I needed anything, I said my head hurts Phillip.."

"Do you want more painkillers?"

"I suppose.."

Sighing softly as I closed my eyes just before seeing him approach the medicine cabinet, I had to suddenly open them again when I heard a rather large crash coming from the room that he had just come out of. Jolting upwards out of the bed, I soon began to feel a wave of panic wash over me.

"Phillip, do you have someone in here?"

Cautiously, I glanced around the room and tried my very best to see into the room, but was stopped at trying when he stepped in my way with the two pills in his hand and a glass of water, a big smile plastered onto his features as he stared down at me in such a peculiar way.. I can't say I've ever seen him look at me like that.

"Now why would I have someone in here when your sick like this? Have a little more faith in me, buddy!"

Handing me the pills as he seemed a little off edge as he glanced back at the door he had left opened and gave a rather nervous chuckle.

"A box might've fallen or something. I'll clean it up later when I go back in there, after all, I was digging around in there alot, so I wouldn't doubt it'd be a box that had fallen and nothing else. I promise."