A Small Push in the Right Direction

Heeeyyyy ghosts... So I just got back from a business trip from hell. That's why I haven't updated in so long. Man... I need to get out of retail. These people treat me like a work horse. 12-15 hours of re-merchandising a new store everyday for over a week. I'm currently dead. But at least my hundred year old windows and doors at my house were replaced while I was gone, so that's fun! Got to come home to a pretty new front door that doesn't have a cardboard cutout for a window pane. Heh heh heh... Being an adult sucks. Don't do it. It's overrated. Anyhoo... So here's the new chapter finally. Thanks... And... Enjoy... Dx

~~~

Another few weeks had passed, and Gajeel was hard at work in the forge along side his daughter. Yajeh had decided to join his sister in the training lessons. Gajeel, having been familiar with Levy's magic, helped the boy hone his skills. He had also made great progress with Levy. There were even moments when Levy would flirt back with him, but it was mostly still very innocent. All in all, Gajeel was very proud of himself for not completely failing. Levy was behaving just like she did before they had originally confessed their love for each other. Those around them were growing impatient, though. This became evident when Shutora started complaining on their way home one day.

"Come oooonnnn. How much longer is it gonna take? The two of ya are drivin' me up the wall! I just want my parents to be together," Shutora whined. Gajeel smirked at her.

"Ya shoulda seen how long it took us the first time around. Gihee," Gajeel retorted.

"Ugh! But it's so obvious that she likes ya!" Shutora argued. "What's the hold up?"

"Ya know yer mom likes to think things through before doing anything. Not everyone dives head first like yer reckless ass," Gajeel reasoned, ruffling her hair. "I feel sorry for anyone ya set yer sights on." Shutora blushed brightly, not even attempting to fix the mess on her head.

"I... I don't have any interest in that right now. What's more important is getting Mom back, got it?" Shutora said defensively. Gajeel sighed.

"Yer mom and I are fine. There's no need to rush things. That goes for the both of ya. I wanna have more time to be yer father before I have to kill any losers that come yer way," Gajeel growled at the end of his reply.

Shutora could not help but smile up at him. Out of all the men her father could have been, she was glad that it was this one. Feeling the sudden urge, she grabbed his arm and rested her head on it while they walked.

"Thanks for findin' us, Pops," Shutora spoke softly, causing Gajeel to blush at the new name. "But I still can't accept this. Yajeh and I both want Mom's memories to come back. We wanna see yer guild and meet everyone who was important to the two of ya."

They had finally made it back to the McGarden house, and Gajeel turned to his daughter and squatted to her level. "It will happen, Shutora, I promise. Ya just gotta be patient."

"Patience is not one o' my many virtues," Shutora playfully glared at her father. She then took off for the door and nearly busted it off the hinges in her rush to get inside. Gajeel could hear her calling for Levy. "Ma! Can Gajeel stay for dinner again? I wanna play board games!"

Gajeel sighed, knowing that he and Levy were about to get pulled along at Shutora's pace. He slowly walked through the door as he heard Levy give the okay. He found the two in the living room. His little shrimp had been nose deep in a book, and Shutora left the room to find her brother.

"So what's Tora planning this time?" Levy questioned Gajeel.

"She's gettin' frustrated with us. I have no clue what she plans to do though," Gajeel replied, sitting down next to Levy.