The Anticipated Journey

The next morning, Levy awoke in an odd position. She was still on her couch with her book in hand but had somehow ended up snuggled against Gajeel's side. She flushed at their closeness. Her head was on his chest, and he had a protective arm wrapped around her waist. He held her tightly even in his sleep, almost as though he would never let go.

Levy thought that was fine. She was very comfortable there, nestled between him and the backrest. As her eyes began to close again to enjoy the moment more, the front door opened. Levy panicked, but it was too late. Shutora let out a wild squeal that woke Gajeel up.

"Damnit, girl. Could call a pack of dogs with that siren," Gajeel grumbled, slightly annoyed to be woken up so suddenly. He then realized his surroundings and let go of Levy, his blush now matching hers. Yajeh had walked up to the pair and kicked his father's leg that had been hanging off the small couch.

"Come on, Dad. That's all you get. Time to go home," he spoke roughly.

"Yeah, yeah. Ya just wait till you get yerself someone," Gajeel grinned as he and Levy sat up. "I'll get my revenge then." Levy giggled.

"No, no, no! Ignore Yajeh and go back to how ya were! It was so cute!" Shutora exclaimed, absolutely delighted by the scene she had just walked in on.

"Okay, that's enough. You two go get ready for breakfast," Levy ordered, shooing her children away. Yajeh rolled his eyes before turning to drag his exuberant sister up the stairs.

"Well, good morning, beautiful," Gajeel greeted to ease the awkward situation. Levy shook her head at him, but her smirk never left her face.

"Good morning. Are you willing to staying for breakfast?" Levy asked.

"Sure. Why not?" Gajeel replied, stretching to fully wake himself up. It felt amazing to be waking up with his shrimp by his side again. Although, as familiar as it felt for him, he knew it was still very new to her so he held back the need to pull her back into his arms and smother her with kisses. Levy stood up and headed for the kitchen to start on breakfast. When the twins came back down - both changed and cleaned up - they all sat at the table to eat.

"So," Shutora began, breaking their comfortable silence. "When are ya taking us to see yer guild?"

"Tora, I think you're starting to rush things a bit," Yajeh cut in, though he looked like he wanted to go as well.

"No way! Mom knows everything now, and she's getting along well enough with Dad. What's the hold up?" She asked the table, glancing around at each face.

"It's up to yer mother whether or not she's ready to reveal herself to that lot," Gajeel spoke up before turned to Levy. "They're all crazy, and to be honest, ya might not survive the reunion." Levy chuckled.

"No, I think I do want to go. I've been meaning to ask you anyway. My time there was what I've forgotten, so if I go, it might all come back to me," Levy explained. "And I know Lu-Lu must be dying to see them again. She actually has her memories back."

"Yeah. Flame Brain is gonna flip out when he sees her."

"Flame Brain?" Shutora piped up.

"His name's Natsu. He's a fire dragon slayer and a complete idiot," Gajeel informed her. "He's had the hots for Blondie since he first met her."

"I had thought about contacting him, but I remembered how terrible he was at keeping my secrets," Lucy had suddenly appeared, walking into the kitchen from the front entryway.

"You know a fire dragon slayer?" Yajeh asked his father.

"Ya had a boyfriend at yer guild?" Shutora interrupted, directing her question to Lucy who had a sad smile on her face.