6

The next morning I wake up to much more light than usual. Normally when I wake up it's still at least a bit dark outside but now it feels like mid-day.

I slowly open my eyes and let them adjust to the light. Then I grab my phone to check for new messages.
10:34

Fuck!
I jump out of my bed and run downstairs and look for my parents. Then I realize that Mary Margaret is already at her work place and David most likely is as well. Mary and David work for different companies. I go over to the kitchen counter and find a letter.

Emma,
Yesterday you didn't look well so we decided to let you stay out of school for today. Do whatever you're in the mood for but don't burn the apartment down;)
We love you, MM&David

I lay it back down and sit on the couch and grab the remoter for Tv. I click on Friends and watch a few Episodes. I actually feel sick right now.

Suddenly I feel a rush inside of me and run to the toilet and throw up. Great! (Note the sarcasm).

I wash my mouth and lay back down on the couch and fall asleep.

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

"Honey wake up" I feel being shaked slightly. I groan and open my eyes and see David hovering over me.
"What is it?"
"I wanted to talk to you." I nod curiously and sit up.
"So you know Mary is on this one trip from today until in 3 weeks, right?"
Oh yeah! I totally forgot.
"Yeah... what is it?"
"Ok well my boss told me I'd get a promotion if I'm going to a business trip with him from today until in 3 weeks as well." The man says nervously.
"Oh... but it's okay. You'll get a promotion, that's great! Don't worry about me, I'll be good."
David laughs and answers "I know sweetie, but I also know this town, it's quiet dangerous. That's why he told me he'll get his daughter watch over you."
I open my eyes widely. Is he serious?! I'm not 5!
"Ok I see your reaction, you're not fond of it. But she doesn't have to sleep here, don't worry. That's your decision. She's not much older than you, so please" he folds his hands as if to praise.
I sigh and roll my eyes at him. He knows he gets me like that.
"Okay... when's your flight?"
"Thank you! And in 1 hour so I have to go packing now. I love you, and thank you again!" Dad hugs me and rushes upstairs.

After more one episode of Friends he runs downstairs with two big suitcases.
"I love you!" He screams and runs to the door.
"You too! Have fun!" I scream back and then he's out of the house.

I look back at the tv and feel my eyes slowly closing. Again.

/ / / / / / / / / /

*Ding dong*
Freaking doorbell. I stretch and walk to the door. I most probably look like a Zombie right now so I hope whoever is that has a really good excuse to wake me up!

I open the door without checking who it is, revealing the one and only miss Mills.

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

As promised another chapter. I know it's not much longer than yesterday's, but I'm currently sitting in the hair salon and get my hair done so that's all. Could do. 🤠
Should I continue writing? I just feel as if nobody reads nor likes my stories anymore:\