14

Starting where I left at..

„Definitely!"

I grin and lean down to steal another kiss. I can't remember the last time I was this happy. Overjoyed, really.

Regina tenderly Cups my cheeks and lets our tongues do their sweet dance. As we break apart we rest our forehead against one another's. Just starting into her eyes makes me feel at ease. She has that control over my feelings. It's incredible.

"So.... how are we going to do this? We can't be seen dating out and neither can we make our relationship official."

"You see, I don't care what we do as long as I'm with you, as cheesy as that may sound. Besides, we can go out outside of storybrooke." I smile cheekily. Regina smile's full of adoration and ... is that love?

"I-"

BING!

We jump apart, caused by the loud noise of her phone going off. I groan and completely step away this time.

Gina just laughs at my reaction before pulling her phone out. Her eyebrows pull together in concentration and I wonder what's it about.

"Gina-" but I get interrupted by someone calling her. As soon as she sees the caller ID, she picks up and walks off into her study.

I just stand there confused as to why she reacts this way. What could it possibly be that would make her leave the room?

Reginas POV:

Sheriff calling

I immediately pick up and go straight into my study. I don't think Emma's in a pace to know about the ascertainments just about right now.

"Regina Mills speaking"

"Oh hello Ms.Mills. I'm just calling to inform you that we haven't found the guilty yet, but we're getting there"

"Well if you haven't found him, why do you call me?" I huff in annoyance. How hard must it be? I mean there surely are fingerprints all over the place, right?

"Miss, maybe Emma can tell us anything else that may appear to be important."

I sigh and pinch my nose. Something I seem to be doing whenever I'm letting my braincells to its work.

"I don't think it's wise to ask her anything about that topic, seeing as she had a little breakdown earlier. But I'll ask her"

"Alright, thank you. And another advice; if she doesn't get better, maybe you should consider seeing a therapist."

I roll my eyes, glad he can't see. It's hard for Em to open up. I'm almost certain she won't be talking to a stranger if she can't be completely open with others first.

I walk out the study and back into the living room , still holding my phone to my ear. Emmas leaning against the couch.

As I stand in front of her, I give her my phone without another word.

She looks down at the device in my hand confused but eventually takes it before slowly placing the speaker over her ear.

"Emma swan"

"Good afternoon, Miss. Sheriff department speaking. I'm calling to ask you for other information regarding the actual case."

Emma's POV:

I instantly freeze.
What am I supposed to say? It's barely been one day and I just began opening up to Regina. What if I say something wrong and he'll find me before the police does him?

"Miss? Are you ok?" I shake my head and try to push those thoughts away.

"Yes, sorry. Was just thinking." I take a deep breath. "I don't know who listens but there was someone in my past I'd think about concerning this case..."

—————————————-

I'm back with a new chapter!!! I know it's short but I couldn't come up with anything longer whilst being in all this stress. Be patient and you'll get more soon.
But I wanted to thank you all for your support. We're already over 7K which is incredible!! So thank you!
Love youuuuu💚

-Sofia🌻