17

Reginas POV:

She had a baby?

I had to bite my hand to stop that sob from leaving my mouth. I failed. I knew she had a rough past but I can't believe this happened to her.

Emma slowly took my hand away and took me in her arms. She wrapped them around me and I laid my head on her shoulder. She soothes me when I should be the one doing so. I care for this girl so much.

"Baby, it's okay, that happened long ago." The softness and vulnerability of her voice made me realize how hard she's trying to fight against her own emotions.

I pull back and look at her.

"I'll help you get him back" Is all I had to say for her to give me one of her cheeky grins. I'd give everything to never let it leave her face.

"You'd really do that for me?" She asks me. I nod and squeeze her hand softly.

"Of course. I can tell it means a lot to you and maybe a bit happiness will do some good."

Emma immediately throws herself in my arms and laughs.

——————————————

She fell asleep again some time later whilst I was holding her close to my body. But I couldn't close my eyes. I have to think of something to get her son back. Maybe that could be like our family.

Suddenly something clicks. I almost jump out of bed with my newfound idea, but I wouldn't want to wake the sleeping beauty in my arms.

Cautiously, I free my arm from underneath her and stand up from my bed. Arching my back, I slowly creep the door open and leave to my study.

Taking my phone from the table, I dial my moms phone number. I promised myself I'd only ever call her in emergencies again. After a few nerving noises, she picks up.

„Mills, what can I do for you?" the ice cold Voice makes me shudder from miles away.

„Hello mom..." I wait for the realization to hit her.

„Regina! Oh my darling I'm so happy you called!" I almost didn't recognize her. She never sounded that happy to talk to me.

„Yes, mom, it's me. How are you?" I ask, instantaneously feeling calmer.

„I'm esthetic to hear from you, how are you?"

„Uhm okay. I'm okay. But I got a favor to ask of you" I trail off. I hear a slight chuckle on the other side.

„Of course, what is it?"

„My girlfriend. She had a son but had to give him up. She wishes for nothing more than to get him back, to get another chance at a family maybe."

„That's reasonable, but what's that got to do with me?"

„Well, seeing as you, as a mayor, got connections, I thought that maybe you could find him?" I ask more than say. I really hope she tries and even succeeds because it would give the beautiful girl upstairs a sight of joy on her face.

„Send me all the information you have and I'll see what I can do." Tears start to dwell up in my eyes and I almost let them flow freely.

„Thank you! Mom you have no idea how much this means to me. To us."

„Anything for you, my sweet. And, Regina, I'm happy you found love." I grin like an idiot.

„Thanks mom, maybe you should come visit us sometime". We bit our goodbyes and I take the time my girlfriend is asleep to correct some essays.

Maybe everything will turn out good for once.

—————————————

Hi loveliessssss!

I'm extremely sorry for being inactive, but I got so much to do as a student during Covid-19. I'll try to update more again though. Please be patient!

Love you all 💋
-Sofia