7

I stand shocked in my doorway. What is she doing here?!

"Miss Mills? What are you doing here?" I ask once I'm out of my trance.
"Well, it seems I'm your 'babysitter'" she chuckles.

How the hell am I to survive this? I mean, she's not the worst person I know but my teacher. And hot.

"Your dad is David's boss?" I ask.
"Yes-" she paused and replays the way I phrased my question „why do you call your dad by his given name?" Shit. I totally forgot she doesn't know I'm an orphan.
"I- euh ... why don't you come in?" I ask, trying to avoid the topic.

My teacher nods and follows me inside. I guide her to the living room where friends is still on pause. I turn the Tv off and sit down and let her know she can do so as well.

"You didn't answer my question, ms Swan."
"Ugh.. okay... I'm an orphan. My parents left me on the side of a road just after I was born. Ever since I've been in many different orphanages and foster homes. One was worse than the other. When I became too old to believe in being adopted it got worse. I mean, parents beat me in every home I've been in, but the ones I was in when I became an teenager were more abusive. They beat me unconscious, locked me into my room and didn't allow me to eat. The foster home I was in when I turned 16 was the worst thing I've ever experienced. On my 16th birthday, my foster father decided I was old enough and raped me. That day many times. He even used to bring his friends home and if I didn't please them, he'd do worse things to me. One day the neighbor saw him beating me until I was bleeding very hard and called the police. They took me out. This home is the first after that. I have trust issues. That's why I call them by their given names." I finish. Gosh I always though this was hard to talk about, but her presence weirdly comforts me. I never told that much to anyone.

When I looked at Ms Mills' face, she sat there in shock with tears welling up in her eyes.
"I'm sorry miss. I don't know why I told you all that. I never said that to anyone. Please don't cry." I beg. I know if she'll cry, I'd want to smooth her, and I'm sure she wouldn't like that.

"E-Emma... I had no idea..." she tries. I nod my head and wip my own tears away.
"It's fine. You were curious. Just don't tell anyone please."

Ms Mills nods and takes a shaky breath.
"Thank you for trusting me. I know saying sorry won't make anything better, and pity is even worse. But, if you need anything, tell me, okay? I'm here for you."
Wow. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I didn't think she'd actually care, but one look into her eyes says it all. I shouldn't have believed all the bad things they said about her. She's so full of love and care.

"Thank you Miss Mills."
I look down and fiddle with my fingers because I have no idea what to say anymore.

A sweet laugh makes me look up to find my teacher making the noises.

"Emma, dear, you can call me Regina outside from school."

Regina. What a beautiful name.

"Okay, Regina. So..." I trail off. Why do I find this so hard?
"I'm Sorry, I don't know what to say. You're my teacher and are now forced to babysit me." I wonder how she feels about this situation.

"It's fine. I didn't have to, but I'd do anything for my dad, and knowing it's you makes it easier." The smile she gives my makes me melt inside. It's a real smile. For the first time since I know her. And her smile makes me happy, for some unknown reason.

I was jut about to answer, when...

/ / / / / / / /

Another update kiddos. I just got a new idea for what happens next and it's gonna be unexpected, but wait and see🤠