16

A/N WILL BE AT THE END AND IMPORTANT❗️

Emmas POV;

I' m laying in bed at 4 am. Sleepless. Once again. My thoughts won't leave me alone.

It's been four days. They didn't call nor did Neal try anything. I would love to know why though because I know him, and so I know the burning house won't be his only try to take revenge.

I'm saying revenge as if I did anything wrong. Which I didn't. Sure, I ran away but can you really hold grudges for that? He abused me not only mentally but physically as well. I won't ever get rid of the scars he left on me.

So no, it's not really revenge. He's just a psychopath. And I have no idea how to get rid of him. Maybe it's time to tell Regina about everything. She might be able to not only help me get rid of him, but also find the baby.

Baby... by now he must be around 1 year old.

An arm around my waist, trying to pull me closer, makes me jump and come back to reality.

"I can hear your brain" a sleepy brunette mumbles. I chuckle slightly and kiss her forehead.

"Sorry, love." Regina slowly raises and rolls over until she lays on top of me. She puts her elbows on either site of my shoulders and folds her hands over my chest. The brunette looks up at me with those beautiful brown orbs.

"What's wrong? I don't you say 'nothing,'" I sigh and hold face in my hands.

"I just thought about Neal... some crazy ideas or thoughts," I tell her honestly.
But the ideas part peaked her interest.

"Ideas? Em, what do you Plan?"

I laugh at the strictness in her voice. Teacher. I laugh and sit up, holding her in my lap.

"I was thinking we could try and help looking for him.. if we find him, I can try to find someone else and get them back" I mumble the last part, afraid she'd question me. But to my luck, that's exactly what she doesn't

"Who are we talking about?" There it is. The part where I have to tell her everything. I take a deep breath.

"I told you some things about Neal, but-" I stop and think this through. If I tell her now, there's no going back. I'm basically risking her safety with this..

"Em? Where are you?" A soft voice pulls me out of my train of thoughts.
I look into her eyes and shake my head slightly.

"Sorry. What I was going to say- there's still stuff I haven't told you. Or anyone, really. So, just listen, please?" I wait for a confirmation to continue and once I receive a nod, I open up and tell someone for the first time.

"Neal and I met whilst I was in foster care. Shortly before The Nolan's Adopted me. I was 16 and he was 18- almost 19. I though it was love and I though he loved me.. well one day we were fighting because I found out I was pregnant.. he left and when he came back to his apartment, he was drunk and started beating me... I-" I got interrupted by the sob that left my mouth.

I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing.
"That was the day it started and it never stopped. I couldn't do anything. I almost lost the baby. One day I couldn't take it no more and ran away... I- I had to give him up.. I couldn't be a mother. I was an orphan and mostly living on the streets.. I d-don't-"

This time it was the brunettes sob that interrupts me. I look at my girlfriend and see her crying. That strong and beautiful women. And let me tell you, I never wanted to see her cry again.

At least no happy tears.

———————————1

Heyyy! Im so sorry to have let you guys wait for so long! School got worse and fixing it was my first priority. But now I can pro update more often!

Now that we know about some more aspect of Emma's past, what will happen?

Will Regina stick with her and help Emma get through this time?
Will someone from her past appear?

Anyways, to clear some things up:

Emma had the panic attack a few chapters prior because she never told anyone about Neal before. Everything coming back through what happened at the Nolan's apartment triggered her, which caused the attack. No, she didn't see either.... yet.

Thank you for still reading and having patience!
Love you all :3

~Sofia🐛