15

"I don't know who listens but there was someone in my past I'd think about concerning this case..."

———————————-

On the other line I can hear him pulling out a paper and pen. He speaks a low "go ahead" signaling me to indeed, go ahead.

I take a deep breath, aware of the fact that could possibly be the biggest mistake of my life.

"Neal Cassidy. That's his name. I have... history and agreements with him, so I trust you to keep me and the following information safe." I think I sounded more confident than I actually am. Or- I hope So.

Just in case anyone unauthorized listens to this. If I show weakness, it's over.

"Got it. Is there anything else? I promise to make sure nothing will happen to you" The sheriff interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Yes..maybe. I don't know if it's important, but Neal is dangerous."
I confess.

"Alright, Miss Swan. Thank you for your time. May I have a word with Miss Mills?" I finally breath out and Mutter a low „sure" before handing Regina the phone.

——————————-

Regina's POV:

After Emma told sheriff Humber about Neal, I can feel myself being extremely proud of the blonde.

She hands me my phone back and signals me to talk to Graham.

"Sheriff Humbert?"

„Yes, I wanted to know if you know anything else Emma might of not told me yet." he wanted to know.

I hesitate because the one thing I could say is something I shouldn't since it's Emma's Personal problem. But I decide to do so anyways because I'd do anything to help them find that boy.

"Shortly after we got to my house she had a panic attack. She mumbled something about being scared and he'll kill her. Then she said her foster family will probably regret taking her."

The men sighs and takes a moment to take in the new information.

"I think I can assure you that won't happen. As to her panic attack, maybe she should talk to someone about the triggering parts," he says. I can't believe it. If something like this happens to you, you don't just tell your secrets and inner thoughts to anyone!

"Excuse me, Sir, but she doesn't open up to just anyone. I think it was a big step for her to act out like that in front of me." I try to make him understand but I don't know if he does. He probably never had that kind of problems anyways.

"Miss Mills, please just consider it. Im not saying she can't talk to you, but professional help is a god step into the future." I sigh, knowing he's right. But Emma doesn't have to do anything she isn't comfortable with.

"It's up to her. I'm not forcing Emma."

„That's all im asking. Call me if you know anything more. Thanks for now"

I end the call and put my phone away.
I walk back over to Emma who still stands on the same spot. I gently take her hands and guide her to the couch and pull her into my lap so that she faces me.

Her eyes are red but her hair gleams in the light so beautifully. I pull a loose strand behind her ear and tenderly cup her cheeks.

„Im proud of you, baby" I smile at her. She smiles back and quickly kisses my lips as if to say „thank you".

I hug her tightly as she lays her head on my shoulder. And in that loving Moment, I was sure we'd go through everything together, no matter how hard it may seem to be.

————————————

I hope you like this chapter. It's a little much for Emma but I'm sure she'll get through it (with Regina of course). Anyways, Misty2Dorothea gave me some feedback which will be from importance in the following chapter. Also Id like to apologize for not updating as often, but I find it hard to continue three FanFictions and writing a new one for another couple atm.

-Sofia 🌹