4. Finding Out About Ruth

"Seth!" I yelled after him as he walked down the street.

He kept on walking, but turned his head to see me. "What? You wanna get your ass beat so bad, you suicidal fuck?"

I caught up to him and he stopped, ready for a fight like always.

"I wanna know what you were talking about in there," I told him.

He looked genuinely confused, the anger never leaving his face. But when I didn't say anything, he decided to speak.

"I know you freaks are up to something. You're tempering with corpses and shit," He said through gritted teeth. "I'm on to you."

I searched for any signs of insincerity, but couldn't find any.

"And once I have prove, I'll make sure that you and your pathetic friends end up behind bars where you kick the bucket once and for all."

Ignoring all his remarks and his plan, I asked, "Who's that girl you were talking about? What's her name?"

This was more important. I needed to get answers, otherwise I would go insane.

His confusion turned into a mean smirk. "So you did lose some more brain cells when you fell off that thing."

I sighed, trying to keep my anger at bay.

He chuckled bitterly. "You necrophilic piece of shit don't remember fucking your so called stepsister Ru–"

"Cory!" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Ethan and Dakota came up from behind me and Dakota let go of my shoulder, seemingly out of breath.

"Let's just go," She said. "Don't waste your time on this idiot."

"You guys have the worst timing, you know that?"

I was pissed.

"Who are you calling an idiot, you stupid slut?" Seth challenged, getting closer to her.

I immediately shielded her from him, furious that this scum thought he could put his hands on Dakota.

She was like a sister to me, so naturally I felt protective of her.

"What did you call her?" Ethan stepped forward now with narrowed eyes.

"Your sister is a stupid whore, hanging out with guys 24/7," He said. "Bet she's blowing Parks too on the low."

I couldn't believe my ears and was ready to beat the shit out of him, when Ethan's fist collided with Seth's jaw, knocking the wind out of his lungs.

Seth's eyes grew in anger as he held his jaw, before he tried to lung at Ethan, but I had already tackled this bitch to the ground, punching him left and right.

He managed to punch me in my eye and I punched him right back.

"Cory, stop!" I heard Dakota exclaim from behind me. "Stop it! Please!"

I grabbed his collar threateningly, then let it go and got up.

He sprung up, wiping the blood from his busted lip and spat onto the ground.