5. The Whole Truth

I was getting sick of therapy. Now I knew how Ethan felt every time he complained about it.

However it was the first time in weeks that I could finally tell them something. And I figured why not? The more I tell them, the sooner this whole thing would be over.

"I saw her in my dreams," I started explaining, watching Mr. White nibble on the temple of his glasses while leaning forward in curiosity.

"This girl and I'm certain that her name is Ruth," I told him further. "She must have been the reason for my suicide."

"How do you come to that conclusion?"

"I forgot all about her," I answered truthfully. "And Ethan said that I would forget about my cause of death which I did forget about that whole bridge incident, but I also forgot about her."

He zoned out. "Interesting..."

A few seconds had passed and he finally snapped out of it. Turning to the man in the suit, he nodded at him and the other guy nodded back.

"And what exactly are you dreaming about that involves her?"

This was getting too personal.

"Just her smiling at me and stuff," I replied which wasn't a complete lie.

He put his glasses back on. "Do you feel something for her in your dreams or when you see her?"

I nodded.

I can't imagine how much I must have loved that girl.

**

I have had my final class for the day and was walking to my dorm, when I saw Lillith head my way.

"Hi, Cory," She smiled, stopping.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I was heading to my next class," She told me, pointing with her finger at nothing in particular.

"Ugh, good luck," I replied. "I'm done for today."

She chuckled lightly, but got serious after a moment. "I don't wanna come of as pushy, but... have you thought about what I told you last time?"

"About Ruth?"

It was all I was thinking about these days really.

Wrong answer. It seemed to upset her and I cursed mentally at myself.

"No, about us," She finally said in a small voice.

"I did," I said, lying. "I care about you and I can't deny that there's a connection, but I'm not ready for a relationship. I have stuff to figure out."

Like why the hell I would take my own life.

"Of course," She nodded hastily, slapping her forehead. "That was so insensitive of me. You're obviously going through a rough time, but I'm always here for you. Ethan and Dakota too."

"Thank you, Lillith," I smiled half-heartedly and she smiled back, then waved at me and kept on walking.

I walked to the dormitory and was about to unlock the door, but decided against it when I heard Dakota and Ethan argue about something.

Sounded like they were talking about Ruth and I.

Holding my ear against the door, I listened closely.

"We can't tell him that!" Ethan hissed at Dakota. "Are you crazy? He's going to go insane!"

"But Seth practically told him everything as it is," Dakota fired back. "He's gonna find out sooner or later!"

"Well I choose later! Seth told him she disappeared and theres a huge fucking difference between disappearing and dying and not being able to resurrect her because her body disappeared into thin air!"

I slowly moved away from the door.

It was all coming back. Images rushed through my mind and filled the void.

It felt like those memories were falling on me like a crumbling ceiling, crushing me under their weight.

I was still standing there like an idiot, staring at the door.

Ruth...

Yanking the door open, I stared at their surprised faces.

"I need her back," I told them, my voice drained from any emotion. "Now."