6

"What the hell?" Brian asks as we walk into the building. Monday was and still is the most anticipated day.

"Yeah, I know. I'm kind of scared." I admit.

"First rule to surviving in prison: don't admit that you're scared." Brian tells me with a laugh.

"You're not helping." I groan.

"Oh come on, it really won't be that bad. Hey, maybe Grayson will be really cool with you." He tries to point out.

"Or he's a complete monster and I quit sooner rather than later." I counter.

"You will be fine." He assures me. "Plus, this might just be the perfect time to ask him about joining my time." He reminds me.

"Yeah, I'm sure that would go over well. Considering the fact that Justin automatically assumed you only talked to me because we were hooking up."

"Okay, well Justin is a literal dumbass. Don't even worry about it. Half of the people here already know that I'm happily taken." He says.

"I hope you're right. I just don't understand why everything has to be so complicated. I wish I could just go completely unnoticed here." I tell him as we approach the coffee bar.

"Oh come on, it's not all that bad. Think of it this way, at least the head of the company believes that you stand out. Hell, Grayson hasn't had an intern since...Well, I don't think he ever has. So, that's saying something." He says before giving the cashier our order.

"I hope you're right. Seriously. Because I would hate to be the most hated person in this office and also have absolutely nothing to show." I say.

As the man gives us our coffee, Brian hands me an extra cup.

"For Grayson. Maybe this will be a good start to your first day. And like I said, just relax. Grayson is incredibly smart and has a lot to share with you, I'm sure. Just ask him questions and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to teach you what you want to know." He tells me. "Now, head on upstairs. You're going to be late." He tells me, ushering me off.

"Thank you. Seriously, you're the best." I say behind my shoulder as I walk towards the elevator quickly.

Thankfully, there's no one else in the elevator when I get inside. The ride upstairs is some of the only peace and quiet I get every day, so I'm thankful for these last few moments.

The elevator doors open revealing Grayson's floor. Which is technically my floor, now. It's so quiet compared to the rest of the building. There are a few rooms up here, but most of them are empty. I'm assuming that Grayson is the only one who stays on this floor, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane stayed up here too.

I approach Grayson's office and knock on the door gently. I hear a faint voice on the other end followed by shuffling.

Grayson opens the door and looks down at me. He steps to the side and gestures for me to come inside.

"Good morning, sir." I say with a bright smile. Am I looking too eager?

"Good morning, Natalia." He says with a brief nod of his head.

"I brought you some coffee." I say, holding the cup out towards him. He looks at it warily before taking it from my hand and setting it down on his desk.

"Thank you." He tells me with a tight smile. "I don't drink coffee." He informs me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." I say quickly. "I can go and get you another drink, if you'd like?" I offer.