35

I knock on Grayson's door and a few seconds later, he opens it and looks down at me with confusion.

"Well that was fast." He says.

"Yeah. I didn't exactly go home." I say with a frown.

"Are you okay?" He asks, looking at me with concern written all over his face.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I just didn't want to drive there and back, I guess." I laugh to myself. There's no way that I can tell Grayson about Ryan. Not yet, at least. He'd start to view me as a burden. He'll think that this situation is far too much to handle. I can't deal with it right now, that's for sure.

"Oh. Well, you look great. You always look great." He smiles before standing to the side and letting me in.

"Do you think this is good enough for whatever we do tonight?" I ask.

"Absolutely." He assures me.

"Okay, great." I say as I take a seat on the couch. 

"Water?" He offers, handing me a cup full of ice water.

"Thank you." I say, smiling up at him. 

"Anything for you." He smiles in reply as he takes a seat next to me. 

I know from the look on his face that he can tell that something is wrong, he just isn't sure what the problem is.

"Can I ask you something?" I say quietly. 

"Of course." He nods.

"Do you think it would be okay if I stayed with you tonight?" I ask, feeling embarrassed for even asking. What if he doesn't want me to stay over again? We're not exactly official or anything. We're not sleeping together, either. So there's a good chance that he won't want me to think this is more than it is or move too quickly.

"Yeah, of course." He replies instantly. Relief washes over me at his words.

"Are you sure? I know it's totally last minute and random, but-"

"I'm positive. Do you have everything you'll need for work in the morning? Sofia has a bunch of stuff if not. Or, you can wear something in my closet." He says.

"I probably have something in my car that I can wear." I say.

"You should honestly just bring some clothes over here." He replies.

I'm shocked at this reply, but pleased to say the least. He gets nervous by my lack of response as he quickly adds, "I mean, only if you want to. It just might make things easier in case you ever want to stay over here again. You don't have to if you don't want to." 

"No, I was honestly thinking that it sounds like a good idea." I laugh. "Thank you, Grayson." I say as I lean over to kiss the man who surprises me more and more every day.

"You're welcome." He says, kissing me once more before turning the TV on.

"Do you think maybe we could stop at my place later tonight so I could get some stuff?" I blurt out.

"I thought you didn't want to drive over there." He laughs in reply.

"Yeah, I know." I reply.

"We can, though. If you need to." He adds.

"Will you go in with me?" I ask nervously.

"Into your apartment?" He asks.

"Yes." 

"I mean, yeah. Only if you want me to, that is." He replies.

"Okay, cool." I nod. We're silent for a few minutes as.