73

Natalia's POV

"I'm still waiting for that date, you know."  Jose smirks. "You left for a year and I waited." 

"You're the sweetest." I laugh. "But as I've said before, you're like family to me." 

"Yeah, but....yeah, you're right." He sighs. "What am I going to do now?"

"What about Estephany?" I ask, nodding towards the hostess.

"Steph?" He asks, cocking a brow. "I mean...she's pretty and all." He agrees. "She doesn't see me that way."

"Oh please. She's been sneaking glares at me ever since you started talking to me. She's totally into you." I laugh.

"You think?" He asks, glancing over her way and giving her a little smile.

"Oh, absolutely. She's impressed with the way you can carry 10 plates on your arm, I'm sure." I laugh.

"Hey, it's a talent." He shoves jokingly.

"Go get her, tiger." I say, patting his arm in encouragement. "I'll see you later, anyways. I have to get going."

"So soon?" He asks with slight concern. It seems like everyone has the same concerned look on their faces as of lately.

"Yeah." I frown.

"Have you seen...you know." He mutters nervously.

"Grayson?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods.

"No, I haven't. I probably won't, either." I admit.

"Why not? You guys didn't end badly." He adds.

"Yeah, but...I don't know. I don't feel it would be appropriate." I sigh.

"Who cares?" He asks with a laugh.

"What?" I ask.

"I said who cares." He states. "You and that guy were pretty good together. Yeah, you both had some ups and downs, but who doesn't?" He reasons.

"I was terrible. His sister hates me. His best friend hates me. His-"

"First of all, it's impossible to hate you. They don't hate you. Plus, it's been like an entire year. Who cares what was done before." He shrugs.

"Everyone cares." I reply.

"You're being dramatic." He laughs. "Just go and see him. Don't give yourself time to back out now." He says.

"But...what if-"

"Go." He says, grabbing my shoulders and leading me towards the door. "And don't come back until you have a story to tell." He smirks.

"What if he tells me to leave?" I ask.

"He won't." He replies.

"But what if he does?" I ask again.

"He won't." He assures me.

"But how do you know?" 

"Natalia, if that guy had any sense at all, which I'm sure he does, he'll be glad that you're there. Any man would be lucky to call you theirs. Do you really think that he'll give up that title?" He asks.

"Yes." I admit. "I do."

"I don't. But neither one of us will know unless you try. Now, go. It's probably almost time for his lunch break, yeah?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Go. Hurry." He urges.

-

The building doesn't look any different. If anything, it looks like no time has passed whatsoever. I walk into the doors and see the same people that are usually there. The guy I would walk past every day is still sitting in the window with his laptop and coffee. The only thing that feels different is me. That, and my sense of unease while walking in here.