13

Grayson's POV

I need a favor." I say, walking into Shane's office. He glances up at me from his phone and nods for me to continue.

"Sofia is in LA, and I need you to keep her company today." I say.

"Hold on, what?" Shane asks, holding his hand up to pause me.

"Sofia is in LA." I repeat.

"Yeah, I got that part. But since when? For how long? Since when?" He asks, leaning forward in his seat. 

"She's transferring to a college here. So she's moving back from Wisconsin." I tell him.

"She's moving back?!" He exclaims loudly.

"Yes."

"So...she's probably going to be here today." He says with a nod.

"Probably. That's why I need you to keep her busy. I'm going to lunch with Natalia today." I explain."Well, at least I think  I am." I mumble.

"Ahhh, I see what this is about." He says, lifting his eyebrows at me slightly.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yes. You want me to keep Sofia distracted so you can go and flirt with Natalia. Hey, I get it. I have absolutely no problem with keeping your insanely hot sister entertained." Shane says with smirk.

"That's so gross." I reply with a cringe.

"To you, yeah. Okay, don't make plans tonight. Come over to my place for dinner. Is she staying with you?"

"Yeah, just until she finds her apartment. She wants to go apartment hunting tomorrow." I tell him.

"Okay, good. My place for dinner. Got it?" He asks.

"Got it." I say.

 "So has she like...said anything about me?" He asks.

"Why would she say anything about you?" I ask.

"I don't know, that's why i'm asking." He replies.

"What would she say?" I ask.

"I have no idea, Grayson. That's why I was asking you if she has said anything about me." He says slowly.

"She hasn't." I reply.

"Okay, well....listen, you know I love you, yeah? You're like a brother to me. Family. We're family." He tells me.

"I know."

"Well, here's the thing. I really want to go on a date with your sister." He tells me seriously.

"A date? With Sofia?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods.

"Why?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"Because I like her." He says with a small chuckle. I nod, taking in this new information.

"Is that not weird?" I ask.

"Why would it be weird?" He asks with another laugh.

"When you met her she was eleven." I shrug.

"Yeah, nearly ten years ago. It's different now. She's clearly not eleven anymore." He informs me.

"So why don't you ask her out on a date?" I ask.

"Well, I wanted to see what you thought of it first. You're my best friend. So, your opinion kind of matters to me."

"Why would I care?" I ask.

"Because that's your sister." He laughs. "And you're my friend. I don't want things to be weird."