33

Grayson's POV

"So, have you put any consideration into who you want to be your intern?" Shane asks.

"Not exactly. I was pretty good with the one I had before you insisted on taking her." I reply.

"You'll get over it. She's liking this, anyways. I hardly see her, don't worry." He laughs.

"Not really what I was worried about." I say.

"Yeah, well I know you and I know you would get jealous if I got to sit beside your girlfriend for seven hours every day. Don't worry, she's doing a lot of good work for this company. She was asked to be a part of Brian's team in this app design. I agreed, of course. I think it will be good for her to work beside him. He's a great engineer." 

"Wait, Brian asked for her to join his team?" I ask.

"Yes."

"That's weird." I mutter.

"How so?"

"Well, considering he's the only reason she backed out of her own app design because of things he was saying behind her back." 

"He talked badly of her?" He asks. "How did I not know this before agreeing to her working on his team?" 

"Because I promised her that I wouldn't say anything. That's the whole reason she didn't get her own app in the first place. Her app idea was good. I'm not just saying that because I'm with her, either. I know a good app when I see one, and her app was good. Brian's is good too and a little more something that I would personally use, but her's was good for a newer audience. It would have brought a decent amount of traffic through." 

"I was just under the impression that the two were friends. I had no idea." He says. "Is this something I should be concerned about?" 

"I don't think so. If he asked her to join his team, then I'm assuming she either forgave him or he doesn't even know that she knows. Either way, just keep on eye on the situation. I don't want any more rumors happening about Natalia." 

"She's going to have a hard time, either way. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Some of these guys just haven't grown up yet. They truly believe that women are inferior to men. It's pathetic." 

"Trust me, I'm frustrated about it. That's something else we need to consider. We need to look into getting our diversity up. There are too many white men working here. It makes our company look bad. It's something I never really noticed, but it's also something that hasn't effected me. We need to hire more women and different ethnicities. I know this wasn't intentional, but we need to start seeking them out and creating jobs for them. I don't want anyone to feel like we only have a certain group of people working here. I definitely don't want the ones who aren't in that certain group to feel less than, either." I explain.

"I love it. Maybe we can start with your intern." He offers. "I'll also look into hiring an intern for all of the other office leaders here. Starting next week, all of you will have an intern." 

"Okay, great. You can get those together, yeah?" I say, standing up from my seat.

"Yup. I'll get right on it." He says. "Do you want to sit in on these interviews?" 

"No." I answer immediately. 

I will never want to sit in on the interviewing process.

"Didn't think so. I'll find someone that I believe is a good fit for you, don't worry."

"I trust your judgement." I say. "I need to get going. I'm going to run down and get Natalia. We have dinner plans." 

"Head on out, chief. I'll see you later, I'm sure. Sofia is pumped about the whole cheerleading thing." He says.