28

Grayson's POV

"I want more wine!" Sofia slurs with a small giggle.

"I think you've had more than enough, love." Shane tells her, pulling down her into his lap. He glances at me and rolls his eyes. I know he's already annoyed with Sofia, but he would never say it out loud.

"I want more though." She sighs. "Don't be a party pooper." She pouts.

"Don't fight me on this, Sofia. I'm not going to be babysitting you all night. I have work in the morning." He reminds her.

"Do you want some water?" I ask Natalia, who has been silent for the most part.

"Some water would be nice." She says with a smile.

I walk towards the kitchen and grab two glasses, filling them both up. I hand one of the cups to Shane who practically forces Sofia to drink, and then hand the other to Natalia.

"You're going to feel all of this in a few hours, baby." Natalia says, laughing at Sofia expense.

"Hey, I'm not as old as all of you. I still have a stomach of steel." She giggles.

"We're probably going to head out. I think I want to get her in bed." Shane says, pushing hair out of Sofia's face.

"Noooo. I want to stay here." She groans.

"Nope. We've overstayed our welcome. Come on, let's go and watch a movie." Shane says, lifting Sofia off of his lap gently.

"Fine. Text me later, okay?" Sofia says, giving Natalia a quick hug.

"I will. Love ya." She says in reply. My heart warms at watching the two get along so well. Whether or not me and Natalia become something, I'm at least thankful for the fact that the two get along so well.

I knew Sofia was having some problems with the girls in her sorority. She never went into too many details concerning the matter, but it was bad enough for her to move back home. I knew she was miserable in Wisconsin from the last time Shane and I went to visit her.

All I want is for Sofia to have a friendship like Shane and I have. She's so carefree and bubbly. I have always envied her personality when we were younger. She seems to make friends so easily. I don't know why any of the previous ones decided not to stick around.

"Love you, too." Sofia smiles. I watch as the two leave the apartment and am once again filled with the silence covering the room.

"I should probably call myself an Uber." Natalia says, breaking the silence.

"Or you can stay for a bit." I say instantly. I don't want her to leave yet. I feel like I haven't had a single second with her alone in days. How long has it even been since the last time I felt her touch? Only a few hours, I'm sure. Hell, I have no idea. Even the hours feel like days.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes." I answer. "I want you to stay."

"Movie?" She offers.

"Movie." I repeat with a smile. I walk back over to the couch and take a seat next to hear. I can feel her eyes on me as I grab the remote and start scanning for something.

I'll play anything at this point. I really don't even care what we watch.

"Any suggestions?" I ask.

"You pick. It doesn't matter to me." She answers. I see her curl her legs up in the sofa and wrap her arms around her knees. It's such a simple thing that I want to look at for the rest of my life. She looks so carefree and comfortable. She looks comfortable in my home.