Private Pool Parties- Peter Kavinsky

I was tossing and turning in my hotel bed, unable to sleep. We were currently staying at a resort, heading home in the morning from our school's annual ski trip. I sighed as I rolled onto my back and wondered why I came.

I didn't want to, but being on the cheer squad, it was almost mandatory. I threw my covers to the side and headed towards the blank canvas I had set up in the corner of my room.

I spent the next hour or so, painting the mountains. The longer I sat, the tighter my shoulders got. I put my paintbrush down and rolled my shoulders, stretching out my back. I looked out the window and decided to take a walk.

I slipped on my jacket and shoes, putting my room key into my pocket before sneaking out of my room and down to the lobby.

I walked passed the pool but stopped when I noticed someone sitting in the jacuzzi. After a moment of hesitation, I walked outside, tightening my jacket around myself. I faulted in my steps when I saw Peter Kavinsky, the lacrosse goalie, sitting alone in the jacuzzi. He looked up when he heard the automatic doors slide open.

"What are you doing up this late, Y/L/N?" Peter asked as I tightened my jacket around me.

"Couldn't sleep," I shrugged. I looked around before glancing back at him. "Why are you out here, all alone?"

"I was waiting for a stranger to come by," he smirked at me.

"Yeah, okay." I laughed. I started to walk back to my room but I stopped when he called me back.

"Y/N, wait." I turned around, sighing. "Why don't you. . ." He trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

"Why don't I what?"

"Why don't you come in and join me?"

"Are you kidding?" I laughed. I cleared my throat when I saw the annoyed look on his face. "Peter," I sighed. "I don't. . . I didn't bring a swimsuit."

"So?" He shrugged. The look in his eyes gave me a random bolt of courage. I took a deep breath as I slowly took off my jacket and tossed it onto a nearby chair.

"Cute pajamas," Peter laughed as he nodded towards my shirt that went down to my knees. I rolled my eyes as I slowly started getting in the jacuzzi. I looked up to see Peter surprised.

"What?" I asked as I sat down across from him, the hot water immediately warming me up.

"Just surprised you actually got in," he laughed slightly. I rolled my eyes as I shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm here," I shrugged. "Now what?"

"Now you sit back and enjoy the feeling of relaxation."

"Relaxation? I'm not familiar with that." He sent me a playful glare before laughing. I looked away, a blush creeping its' way to my cheeks.

"I know who you are, Y/N." I looked up to see him smirking at me.

"Oh really?" I challenged.

"Mmhmmm," he smirked at me. "I know the real you. The you that you don't let the rest of the school see."

"And who do I not let the rest of the school see?" I smirked, trying to ignore the nerves building.

"The artist you," he said like it was obvious.

"How could you possibly. . ." I stuttered, the words barely coming out.

"I saw you, in the park, painting. I probably watched you for twenty minutes before I realized how creepy it was. Plus, you always have paint on your hands," he laughed.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you watch me that day in the park? And why have you waited until now to say something? Why are you saying something at all?" He shrugged with a small laugh.

"Peter," I said, his name rolling off my tongue. He looked away and brought his arms out of the water, resting them on the edge of the jacuzzi.

"I guess I should be honest with you, Y/N." He sighed, looking back at me. "I noticed you long before you became popular. I remember sitting next to you in art class back in elementary school. I never turned anything in on time because I spent all class watching you do it. I've known about your artistic skills way before you ever used them."

"Why are you telling me this?" I stuttered. He smirked as he studied me.

"Because I know cheerleader you is just a front you play to get through high school."

"And lacrosse you isn't?" I scoffed.

"He is," he nodded. "That's how I know about you. The thing is, Y/N, we're the same."

"Which you is the lacrosse you hiding?"

"Promise you won't laugh?" He asked, jokingly but I could see the little bit of fear in his eyes. I smiled as I nodded, trying to reassure him.

He took a shaky breath, building up the courage. "Poetry," he finally got out.

"Poetry?"

"I told you not to laugh," he smirked.

"I'm not laughing, Peter. It's just. . . Not what I expected you to say."

"What did you expect me to say?" He asked, raising his eyebrows playfully.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "More along the lines of an embarrassing life-changing secret."

He let out a laugh, the kind of laugh he was known for. "Well," he chuckled, "when a guy says poetry, that sometimes follows."

"Not always," I said softly, looking away from him. I've known Peter for a long time, but I didn't know this side of him and I didn't know he knew my secret side.

"What is it?" Peter asked when he noticed my change.

"I just," I sighed. I looked up at him, debating whether or not I could open up to him. "The only people who know about my painting are my parents and my older brother. I didn't think anyone at school would accept that the head cheerleader spends her weekends painting."

"I think it's pretty amazing our top cheerleader is a secret Bob Ross." He smiled at me. I couldn't help but laugh at his reference.

"Out of all the famous painters in the world, you pick him to compare me to?" I laughed. "I'm slightly offended."

"Sorry," he chuckled as he lifted his arms up in defense. I looked away when I saw him looking at me with his show-stopping smile and not a single drop of judgment in his eyes.

I looked up when I heard the splashing of water. I sucked in a breath as he stood up and started walking towards me. He reached down, grabbed my hands and pulled me up so I was standing.

I held my breath as he started walking backward, right back to where he was sitting before. He stopped walking and remained standing as he reached forward and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, water dripping down my neck from his hand.

He smirked as he sat down, slowly pulling me onto his lap. I tried to resist but he pulled on my arm and I realized I didn't have much of a choice.

I shook off the insecurity I felt as my bare legs touched his thighs. But, that feeling grew when he rested his hands just above my knees.

"Peter," I whispered.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. It took a second for the shock to wear off, but once it did I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck. I gasped into the kiss as his hands slid up my thighs and wrapped around my waist.

I pulled away when I couldn't breathe. I rested my forehead against his as I caught my breath.

"What I don't understand is why you would hide that side of you?"

"I just," I stuttered.

"Because that is the side that I want to get to know better."