The Bet Part 2-Peter Kavinsky

Reader's POV

Throughout my college tour, I couldn't stop thinking about Peter. His smile. His eyes. His laugh. The way his lips felt on mine. How my lips tingled long after he left.

Monday morning I was a little nervous to go to school. I haven't talked to Peter since he kissed me in the jacuzzi and his mom called him from inside telling him that it was time to go.

I scanned the halls as I walked to my locker. I opened it and started getting my books when I felt someone standing behind me. I turned around expecting it to be Peter but froze when it wasn't him.

It was three of his teammates. "Hi," I said softly, looking between them.

"Y/N, we have a question for you," Ryan said.

"Okay," I elongated.

"Settle a bet for us," Charlie smirked.

"What bet?" I stuttered.

"Did Peter kiss you this weekend?" Tommy's question made my stomach drop.

"What?" I asked, my voice barely coming out. "What are you talking about?"

"He didn't tell you?" Charlie laughed.

"We bet Peter that he couldn't get you to kiss him." Tommy laughed. "So, did he?"

"He," I stuttered. As the realization hit me, my eyes started to water.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes," Ryan smirked.

"I guess we owe Peter 50 bucks."

"50," I said under my breath.

I looked up, my breath getting caught in my throat when I saw Peter walking towards me. He smiled when his eyes met mine, but it fell when he saw his teammates around me and the tears threatening to spill.

"Peter!" Charlie gave him a weird "bro-hug" thing as he walked over, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I gotta give you credit man," Ryan laughed. "I didn't think you could get Y/F/N Y/L/N to actually kiss you."

Peter looked at him before quickly looking back at me, his eyes wide. "Y/N," he started. "Let me explain."

I slammed my locker shut and quickly walked past them, with my head down. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I heard Peter ask his friends before chasing after me.

"Whoawhoawhoawhoa, whoa." Peter ran and stopped in front of me, blocking my get-away path. "Let me explain, Y/N. Please."

"There's nothing to explain, Peter." I said, my voice getting stuck in my throat. "It's all pretty clear. You and your friends made a bet to see who could get the school's mute to kiss them. And you won."

I tried to brush past him, but he immediately stepped in front of me. "It's not like that."

"Really?" I laughed sarcastically. "Then what is it? Huh? If it wasn't a bet then why did you kiss me?"

He opened and closed his mouth, stuttering. "It wasn't. . . I mean it was, but. . . Y/N."

He grabbed my hands, but I took a step back and pulled my hands out of his grasp.

"Congratulations," I said, my voice breaking. "You got your loser neighbor to kiss you. I hope it was worth the $50."

I brushed past him wanting nothing more than to disappear.

* * * * *

I skipped school and went directly home. I walked into my room and angrily threw my backpack on my chair in the corner.