A Team of Douchebags-Peter Kavinsky

Peter's POV

The school bus transporting us from school to school is a lot like you'd imagine. A bunch of sweaty hormonal guys hopped up on adrenaline from the game. Every once in a while, I would overhear random conversations that I didn't care about. I usually ignored their comments, and it was easy until one name came up.

"Yeah, Y/F/N Y/L/N tutors my little brother. I come home from practice and she's always just. . . there," Kyle scoffed.

I rolled my eyes as they continued to talk about her. The truth is, they were wrong. Y/N tutors my little sister too. Sure, she's quiet, but she's also really nice.

I got her to talk to me a couple of times and I realized she was actually pretty cool if you took the time and effort to get to know her.

"My brother says she's really nice and helpful, but Y/N is so weird. She never says anything unless it's on the topic of homework. She never even looks at me. It's annoying walking in and seeing that at my kitchen table," Kyle laughed as he kept talking about her.

The more they talked about her, making jokes, the angrier I got. I barely knew her, but still, I knew her better than these idiots. No one took the time to get to know the quiet girl who came to school, kept to herself and went home.

~~~

I opened the door, Y/N on the other side with her purse slung over her shoulder. She looked up at me, her eyes widening slightly when she saw me at the door and not my mom.

"Hey, Y/N." I greeted, smiling politely at her.

"Oh. Hi, Peter," she stuttered slightly. She looked away from me, avoiding my gaze.

I cleared my throat, making her look up at me. "My sister had a dentist appointment after school. My mom wanted you to know that they were gonna be a little late, but for you to come in and wait for them."

"Okay," she nodded, looking away from me again. I opened the door for her and stepped aside, holding the door open for her.

She walked inside without making eye contact with me. She immediately walked to the dining room table and began pulling her tutoring stuff out of her bag. I watched as she seemed comfortable in this environment.

Well, the teaching environment. Not my house environment.

"Do you want to be a teacher?" I asked, making her jump slightly.

"Umm, yeah," she stuttered, not looking at me. "Maybe."

"You should," I shrugged. "You're a natural."

I noticed her cheeks turn pink as I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a soda, hesitated and decided to grab another one.

"Here," I said as I handed the extra can of soda to Y/N.

"Oh," she said, sounding genuinely surprised. "Thanks." She looked down at the soda and hesitated before opening it.

"Can I ask you something?"

She looked up at me, biting her lip nervously. "Sure," she shrugged.

"You weren't always this quiet."

"That's not a question," she said softly as she looked away, a small giggle leaving her lips.

"I wasn't finished," I laughed making her look back up at me, a small smile on her face. "I was going to ask, what changed? I remember you in elementary school. You were always answering questions, playing with the other kids during recess. You even got excited during Show-and-Tell. What happened?"

She looked down at her hands, wrapped around her soda. I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard her take a shaky breath.

"Y/N?" I said her name gently.

"It's nothing," she stuttered.

"It doesn't seem like nothing," I said softly, not wanting to push her. She took another shaky breath before looking up at me.

"It's nothing you have to worry about," she said, clearing her throat. "It's not your concern. Something happened and I just. . . I changed."

"What made you change?"

Y/N sighed as she looked away and hesitated. "Kids started noticing that I was constantly doing next weel's homework, often asking the teacher for the week after. They started making fun of it. . . Of me and I just. . ."

My heart sank into my stomach when I heard her voice break. I tried to get her to look at me, but she wouldn't even look up. "Look," she said taking a deep, shaky breath. My breath got caught in my throat when she looked back up at me, not a sign of tears in her eyes. "You don't have to pretend that you care. I know I'm just the weird, quiet girl who tutors your sister. You don't have to make conversation with me just because of that."

"You're more than my sister's tutor, Y/N. We've gone to school together since first grade. I'm not talking to you because you're at my table or because I feel obligated. I'm talking to you because we're. . ."

Before I could finish my sentence and call her my friend, she quickly looked away from me. "You don't have to," she said gently. "You could just ignore me like everyone else our age does."

I studied her for a minute, trying to figure her out. She looked up when I hadn't said anything, surprised when she realized I was staring at her.

"It may surprise you, Y/N, but I like to think I'm different than the other kids our age."

~~~

When we got off the bus, back at our school, I looked up to see Y/N walking out of the building.

"Thanks for all the help with the study session," Mr. Walker, our history teacher said to her. "My freshman class was having a hard time remembering all the dates, but I think your memorization techniques really helped."

"Well, I'm glad I could help." I smiled when I saw the blush on her cheeks. She looked up, her blush brightening when her eyes met mine. She quickly looked away when she saw me smiling at her.

I sighed, slightly disappointed. I froze when I heard the guys from earlier laughing. "I swear, it's like she lives at this school. They should hire her as a full-time teacher. Mrs. Y/L/N would take over this school with her "helpful" tips. Or at least charge her rent."

"Mrs?" Kevin laughed. "Don't you mean, Miss? She's too shy to ever talk to a guy, let alone marry one."

That comment pushed me.

"Y/N!" I yelled to get her attention. I jogged towards her as she looked at me confused.

"Peter, what are you. . ."

Before she could continue, I grabbed her face in my hands and pressed my lips to hers. She didn't kiss me back but she didn't push me away either. I pulled away, catching my breath as I stared at her surprised eyes. I couldn't help but smirk as she opened and closed her mouth, struggling to understand what just happened. I sent her a playful wink making her nervously bit her lip.

With one arm tightly wrapped around her waist, I turned towards the two guys who have been talking about her. "If either of you says one more thing about Y/N that I don't like, I will kick your asses."

"Peter," she whispered. I looked down to see her glance at the guys walking away before looking up at me. "What the hell is going on?"

I leaned down and whispered in her ear, "How about I explain everything over dinner? Tonight? 7 o'clock?"

"Ummm, okay. Sure," she stuttered. I cupped her cheek in my hand and leaned down. As I pressed another kiss to her lips, she slowly started kissing me back. I pulled away, smiling when I saw the redness on her cheeks.

"Great," I smirked. "Then it's a date."

Noah Centineo ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara