Sober Party Fun

I sat on a couch, drinking my bottle of water. I looked over to see my friends already drunk off their asses. Rolling my eyes, I looked at my watch to see we've been here barely two hours.

"Let me guess," a guy said as he sat down next to me. "Designated driver?"

"How'd you know?" I smirked. I followed his gaze as he nodded towards the bottle of water in my hands.

"The only people at a party who drink water are designated drivers." As he explained, he held up his own bottle of water.

I laughed as I opened my bottle and raised my water to my lips. "Well, aren't you observant."

"I'm Noah," he introduced.

"Y/N," I responded.

He looked around the crowded house and laughed. "Have you ever noticed how stupid we all look when we're drunk?"

"It's all I ever notice at a party like this," I mumbled. I took a drink of my water, feeling his eyes on me.

"You sound like you're the designated driver a lot."

I shrugged, not looking at him. "Drinking isn't really my thing."

"Have you ever had a drink?" He asked.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

"Really?" He laughed. I looked over at him to see him biting his bottom lip, amused.

"Yes, really." I mocked his tone. "Not everyone in high school likes to be rebellious and stupid. What's so fun about losing all senses and waking up the next morning, not remembering anything?"

I turned away from him, angrily trying to stop the tears. "Hey," he said gently. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth.

"I don't believe you," he said, almost a whisper. I looked up at him when I felt him reach over and put his hand on top of mine, stopping me from nervously picking at the wrapper on my water bottle.

"Something happened," he said like a statement and not a question. "Something happened to someone close to you. That's why you don't underage drink."

I nodded, tears building up in my eyes. "My brother," I said, my voice breaking. "And he wasn't even the one who was drinking. He was driving his friends and someone else from the party hit him. He was the only one who didn't drink and he was the only one who didn't survive."

"I'm so sorry," he said, intertwining our fingers. I looked away from his gaze, suddenly having butterflies in my stomach. We sat like that a little longer, our hands still intertwined, as we watched our classmates make bad decisions.

I looked over when he cleared his throat. "You know," he smirked at me from across the couch. "We could still have fun. Even without being stupidly drunk off our asses."

"What did you have in mind?"

He wiggled his eyebrows as he grabbed my water and placed it, along with his own, on the coffee table. He stood up and turn towards me, reaching his hands out for me to take.

I hesitated before taking his hands and standing up. I followed him as he led us into the other room where everyone else was dancing. He let go of my hand and smirked as he started dancing to the music.

"Come on," he laughed, grabbing my hands. I sighed as he started slowly moving my hands, trying to get me to dance. I gave in and eventually started to loosen up.

A few songs later, we were laughing and dancing together. Suddenly, a drunk teen bumped into me, pushing me forward. I gasped as Noah caught me. I looked up, a blush forming on my cheeks as Noah held me close to his chest.

He smiled before slowly leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. It took me a second before I started kissing him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him, as our lips moved in sync.

We pulled apart and laughed when someone bumped into us. I bit my lip as he smiled down at me. He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

He stopped in the hallway and turned back towards me. I smiled as he reached up, cupped my face in his hands, and leaned down to press his lips to mine. Our lips hungrily moved against each other's as he let go of my face and grabbed my hips.

I laughed into the kiss as he gently pushed me up against the wall. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck as he pushed his body against mine, pinning me between him and the wall.

We jumped apart when my phone started ringing. "Sorry," I cleared my throat as I answered it. "Hello?"

"Where are you, bitch?" My friend, Madison, slurred. I looked up at Noah, my cheeks turning red when I saw his lips were a little swollen. He titled his head, slightly confused, making me laugh.

"We're ready to go!" My other friend, Hailey yelled. Noah must have heard her because he laughed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I'll meet you by the front door," I laughed. They yelled incoherently before hanging up.

"I should umm. . . I should go," I laughed, feeling awkward. I looked up at him and hesitated before walking past him.

I weaved my way through the drunk teens, my lips still burning from that kiss. I was just about to get to the front door, my friends in sight, when I felt someone grab my hand and spin me around. I barely had time to see who it was before they pressed their lips to mine.

We pulled apart, looking into each other's eyes as my friends giggled. "Before you go," Noah said softly. "Give me your phone."

I bit my lip as I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to him. He finally let me go and took it. I looked over at my smirking friends as he typed something into my phone. My blush brightened when I watched him take a picture of himself.

"I'll call you," he smirked as he handed me my phone back. He sent me a wink before turning on his heel and disappearing back into the crowd of drunk high schoolers.

"Who the hell was that?" Madison giggled.

"And where can I get one?" Hailey whined.

"Come on," I sighed, turning towards my friends. "Let's get you two home. You told your parents you guys were staying at my house right?"

"Yep," they giggled in sync.

I drove them back to my house, them loudly singing off-key to the music as my thoughts drifted towards Noah.

"So," Hailey giggled, pulling me back to reality. "Who was the guy and why did he kiss you?"

"His name is Noah," I said, my cheeks already burning. "We were both designated drivers and we got to talking. We started dancing and. . . And he kissed me."

I bit my lip as they started excitedly screaming. "Are you going to see him again?" Madison asked, bouncing in the back seat.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I hope so."

They let the conversation drop as I drove the rest of the way to my house. When I pulled into the driveway, they jumped out before I even put my car in park. I sighed as I turned off my car and followed them inside.

I was sitting on my bed, waiting for the girls to change when my phone went off. I smiled when I read the name, figuring he must have sent himself my number when he added his.

Noah 😎: I remembered to get your number, but forgot to ask you out. Tomorrow night, 7 o'clock. You in?

Me: Hell yeah I'm in.