DLAMP (2)

Idea came from a conversation these

psyco-chan and SkylarkFierceling

Two wonderful people had in the comments

The prompt became

"What if Deceit gives a false name everytime someone asks what his name actually is because he is insecure of his real name?"

This is the second time I have used this, I'm glad so many of you liked it the first time I used it. It's a pretty great name and I think I'm kinda bias to it.

(If Thomas doesn't choose this name I think I'll explode 😂)

Anyways, I hope my writing doesn't suck too much and that I did justice to this prompt

(Feel free to use it too, I'd love to get tagged if you do)

Hope you like it 🖤

-------

"I'm going to make a card for Virgil's birthday from all of us, what's your name so I can sign it?"

"...... Robertington?"

-------

"Deceit! I was hoping I would catch you down here, I have been theorising quite heavily as of late. I was wondering if you could tell me your name? That's been a subject which has quite interested me."

"....... Bob"

-------

"Deeeeeeeeee, please tell me your name! As we are now all in love I really wanna know it. Please? Please? Will you trust me?"

"............. Emma"

-------

"Oh, come on! Telling them your name isn't as bad as you think it's going to be, you know I hated mine before. But after telling them, it felt easier to fit in."

"Get the hell out of my room! It's 2am! Go the fuck to sleep!"

He wasn't quite sure why he didn't do it. Telling them should be simple. It wasn't exactly a bad name...

Oh, who was he kidding? It was awful!

"You really went all out on your originality and poetic contradictions, didn't ya, Bitch." He whispered into the darkness of his room, aimed at the writer who seemed to love putting him in difficult situations.

What Virgil said really stuck with him for some reason. Easier to fit in? He did fit in. Didn't he?

It was 2am, he needed sleep before he dealt with this shit.

5am came and went... He hadn't slept. Instead, he wondered what the reaction would be to his name. Everyone would accept him, probably. Right?

They were kinda together now, sooooo... That means that they at least like him for who he is... Right? It's not like real life motives such as Money or Fame applied to them. So the only they would fake it was... pity?

The lack of answers from the darkness ticked him off. Maybe he should find Virge. He would ease his anxiety over this. He pulled the covers off himself and decided that he couldn't be arsed walking around in this cold, plus he was tired and lazy. Opting to message Virgil and tell him to come to his room. Cuddles and advice at 5am from his favourite Emo? Exactly what he needs right now!