Loceit (2) pt. 4

This is more of a concluding part to the last 3 parts of this weird little series. Who knows, if I get the motivation and inspiration, I might start a lil book full of the adventures on this lil timeline.

-------

((Set about a month or so after Logan was seen by the others in the "dark" kitchen))

-------

Logan sat on the Ethan's bed, between his boyfriend's legs feeling completely at ease. It had been such a long time since he'd felt this.

If he ever had.

He hadn't seen the others in quite a while. He refused to keep count of how long because they weren't worth his effort. After Deceit - Ethan - took him to the 'dark' side, he realised they weren't actually very dark.

Of course Remus was intrusive thoughts, but he was also creativity. He was playing it up for the audience, the cameras, for Roman and his fantasy of life being black and white. But in reality, he was actually really cool. His dark jokes and wild nature humoured Logan to no end. He didn't remember ever laughing so hard. 

Plus the mysterious Orange. He would randomly appear, contribute or take something, and leave. At first, Logan was intrigued, perplexed at this elusive side and his seemingly random habits. When he asked Ethan, he was told to leave it alone. Although he was told stories and tidbits of information over the time he'd stayed. That was one mystery he desperately wanted to solve.

And, of course, Ethan. His knight in scales and capes (Logan noticed the tremendous variation of capes, cloaks and caplets when he hid in Ethan's wardrobe one day when playing hide and seek with Rem). Ethan had been the biggest help in his life, transitioning to the 'dark side'.

Although Logan rarely wore anything other than his black polo, blue tie and denim jeans before, he now had a shared room with Remus full of clothes. From shirts and ties, to dresses and skirts, or even the more extra costume clothes Remus favoured, he was allowed freewill over his fashion without fear of judgement. Don't get him started on the shoes. He was getting good at make up too, although he still had to ask the others for help most of the time.

Over the weeks of living with the neutral sides, as he called them, he started being more bold. He spoke his mind and wasn't afraid to argue. His cheeks and throat began to hurt from the laughter and smiling. He felt appreciated and wanted. His logic was heeded rather than tossed aside, even by Remus, who liked to discuss the more morbid and wonderfully creepy side of life.

He realised that his mind had wandered when a hand started playing with his hair. He closed his book and leaned back.

"What are you smiling about?" Ethan laughed from where he sat behind Logan.

"Nothing," he tipped his head back as Ethan started to braid and unbraid his hair, "here, you, life, existence" Ethan hummed, and Logan felt the book fall from his hands as he relaxed.

"And I thought you were being a soft lil bookworm," Logan felt warm lips against his forehead and laughed lightly.

"Sap, how did I ever live without you're unbearable sweetness?" He giggled when Ethan tapped the side of his head. "How did I ever deserve you, hmm?" Suddenly Ethan became serious.

"I couldn't just leave you there, could I? Alone," Ethan stopped his playing and hugged Logan close to him, "I'm sorry you were by yourself for so long." Logan just shook his head, turning into his stomach so he could see Ethan better.

"That's not important. Not anymore. Not when I'm here with you," he whispered as he leaned up and kissed Ethan, "I'm never alone anymore. I have you, and Rem." Ethan smiled and pulled him down for a hug.

As they lay there, Logan thought about the changes in his life. He realised that, although the thought of it once would've ruined him, the immense changes had only made him stronger.

A loud banging on the door shocked them both out of the calm since that had surrounded them.

"Looooooooo! Ettthhhhiiiieee! What do you want for foooood! If you're not going to answer, I will make piss marinated chicken! And it won't be my piss!" A shrill laugh cut him off, "I've been collecting Oranges weeeeee, for many, many, many months!"

They both rolled their eyes and laughed. Not the first time they'd encountered Remus' collection of Oranges urine. Story for another time I think.

"We'll be there now, Rem! Don't do anything!" Ethan shouted as he kissed Logan and pulled him close one more time, before jumping out of bed and leaving to run after a giggling Remus.

Logan lay on his back, wondering how he ever survived without his wonderfully weird little family.

-------

Hope you liked it 🖤