Loceit (2) pt. 3

Sorry for this being so late, my brain seems to hate me rn; but I thought I'd atleast try to get something written to attempt to continue this lil story.

(I'm working on that Hunter AU btw, I'm really excited for it)

Hope you like it 🖤

-------

It had been three weeks since the note had shown up, and Logan was still no closer to finding its mysterious sender. Attempting to bring it up in conversation with the others was impossible. However Logan had noticed one thing.

Deceit was being... Friendly?

Well, with Logan anyway. He was just as sharp and indifferent to everyone else, but when Logan said something, he'd soften a little. He'd answer in an explanatory way, rather than dodge his questions or use intense sass mode.

Debates and discussions were becoming the best part of Logans day. Deceit would find a topic, find Logan - be it in the commons, his room or the library - and would bring up his opinion on the matter. This would become a heated debate, or pleasant discussion full of logic and thoughts backed up by evidence. The others were often unable to carry out conversations even half as intelligent as the ones he had with Deceit.

For the first time in so long, he was feeling.... appreciated.

Deceit was fast becoming Logans favourite side. He was much more intelligent than he let on, he taught Logan how to use his flashcards in the correct way, he allowed Logan to talk and teach him about whatever was interesting him that day. Logan began to notice how his stomach would fill with butterflies, how his palms would sweat, how his cheeks would flush when Deceit was near. He didn't know what he was feeling, but he liked it.

Logan was smiling again. It felt good! It felt so good to have a reason to truly smile again.

-------

"I agree, Deceit is acting different around Logan and its getting weird." Logan overheard Patton say as he was on his way to the kitchen.

"He's getting played! Deceit is just trying to one up on us! Get one of ours onto his side." Virgil replied. Logans heart skipped a beat, was that true?

"I wouldn't be sure, Deceit seems genuine." Roman interjected. Logan poked his head slowly to see what was going on.

Patton, Roman, Virgil and Thomas were sat around the table. Logan chest tightened. They were doing this, without him?

"Genuine? Princey! He's Deceit! How. Can. Deceit. Be. Genuine?" Virgil exclaimed back at him frustratedly. Roman just shrugged in reply, none of them knew how to tackle this. Or what Deceits motives were.

"Maybe we should ask Logan? I'm sure he can tell us what's going on." Contributed Thomas, who had been completely mute since they explained what they'd observed.

"No! Deceit might have corrupted him. Either way, he probably has a bias towards Deceit now." Virgil exclaimed again. "And anyways, Logan probably doesn't even realise that Deceit is faking it. He doesn't understand people at all. Probably thinks that Deceit is being friendly or something."

There were mutters of agreement, seemingly none of them wanted to admit that they thought the same. Logan put a hand over his mouth as his mind went into overdrive.

"Listen, I know The Others! Deceit probably goes back to them and tells them everything, just to have a laugh." Thomas made a noise of disagreement.

"Deceit doesn't seem like the type, Virge." Thomas murmured, he hated this. Logan should be with them.

"Thomas! You don't know him like I do! He's taking advantage of Logan."