out of love

ship - zorbyn
warnings - sad
wc - 808
°

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Zach asked.

Corbyn, his boyfriend of almost 3 years sat across from him. He had asked them to meet up after their classes were over for the day.

They were at a small diner not far from campus, that they usually went to for small dates, or to talk about things.

"How about we eat first, and then we talk," the faux blonde suggested. The younger smiled and nodded before he waved over a waitress.

"Hello," the young waitress greeted them, a big smile dressed her face, "Are you guys ready to order?"

Zach quickly ordered their usual order of two burgers, one large fry, and two milkshakes, one strawberry and one vanilla.

Once the waitress walked away to place their order, Zach looked over at Corbyn. He was staring off into space. Zach raised his eyebrows when he saw that Corbyn was playing with his fingers, a thing that he did when he was nervous.

After a little bit of waiting their food arrived. Zach dug in immediately, having being famished because he hadn't had breakfast that day. Corbyn just stared at his food.

"Aren't you gonna eat, bean?" Zach asked.

Corbyn looked up from his food and smiled, but Zach recognized it as a fake one, "Yeah, I'm just not that hungry."

"At least try to eat," Zach pouted, "I don't wanna be the only one eating."

Corbyn reluctantly picked up his burger and started to eat, satisfying both Zach, and his stomach that he hadn't known was hungry until he took a few bites. As they ate, Zach told Corbyn all about his day, the people he met, the things he saw.

Once they were both done eating, Corbyn sat up straight, and became fidgety. Zach knew that this meant that he had something to say.

"So," Zach started, "what did you have to tell me?"

Corbyn looked up from his hands, and made eye contact with his boyfriend, only to quickly look away.

"I-," he seemed to be having trouble getting the words out of his mouth.

Zach reached over to grab his hand, "It's ok, bub. You can tell me."

The older took a deep breath.

"Zach, I'm breaking up with you," Corbyn started. Zach let go of his hand, stunned that this was happening, "This is hard. Fuck, this is so hard. But we don't have what we used to anymore. There used to be more to this relationship for me. I used to feel sparks, I used to want you. But, it's gone. All the desire that I used to have for you, I can't seem to find it anymore. I know you'll probably hate me after this. But things just haven't felt the same between us for a long time. I'm sorry Z, but I can't keep doing this."

The blonde braced himself. He was waiting for Zach react. He was expecting yelling, screaming, crying. He had expected for him to hit, to object, for him to do something.

But Zach just sat silently. Corbyn looked up from his fingers, and immediately regretted that decision. The look on Zach's face, it made him feel uncomfortable. He didn't like disappointing him.

Zach's face was sad. He looked absolutely heartbroken. Corbyn looked away once again.

"When?" Zach asked in a small voice.

"When, what?" He didn't understand what he was asking. Zach let out a shaky breath

"When did you fall out of love?"

The question hurt the older man.

"Zachy-," his voice broke as he said his name, "Z, I still love you. I don't think I could ever stop loving you. It's just that, I'm not in love with you anymore. Please understand."

As he said those words, the brunet let the tears that had been welling up in his eyes fall. He made no sound, sitting quietly as the tears roll down his cheeks.

The sight made Corbyn want to hit rewind and never tell him. But it had to be done. Corbyn wanted to be with someone that he was in love with and sadly, that person couldn't be Zach.

Corbyn couldn't take it anymore. It pained him that he had just lost one of his most best friends.

He placed the money for the food on the table, along with a large tip. As he stood up he rubbed his face, only then realizing that he had been crying too.

He slid back into the booth, only this time next to Zach. He wrapped his arms around the younger. Zach turned in his seat and returned the hug.

Corbyn pulled away from the short embrace. He kissed Zach's forehead before getting up.

"Goodbye Zachary Dean Herron."

"Goodbye Corbyn Matthew Besson."

And with that, Corbyn walked over to the door, and out into the air of the night.

°
Hello, hello. How's it going?
Thank you onlyheretobegay for reminding me that this book exists. Hope y'all like this update.
aLsO, one direction is 9 years old :')) ❤
Have a good day/night :)

 aLsO, one direction is 9 years old :')) ❤Have a good day/night :)

♡ONESHOTS♡