stuck with u

ship - donah
warnings - none
wc - 1509
°

Daniel got in late from work. He had some extra things that he needed to finish up at the office. On top of that, it had started to snowing, which meant he had to drive slowly on the way home. According to the radio, this was the start of a snowstorm that would be taking place all night. He sighed, knowing that he would have to get ready a little earlier the next day to shovel the driveway.

When he finally did get home, he took off his boots and hung his jacket in the mudroom. He washed his hands in the kitchen sink and opened the door of the fridge. He smiled when he saw a plate wrapped in saran wrap with a note that had his name on it. He took it out and wolfed his dinner down quickly. He hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast, so he was starving. He looked up at the time and noted that it was well past 12 a.m. now.

Once he was done, he washed his dishes and quietly made his way up to the bedroom. He didn't turn the light on, but he could sense that his boyfriend was still awake in their bed. He took off his clothes, leaving him in his boxers, and his attire discarded on the ground of the closet since he was too tired to do anything about it. He climbed into bed and was greeted with the warm arms of his lover. No words were exchanged. He just closed his eyes and let his exhaustion swallow him whole.

☆☆☆

Jonah woke up before the alarm went off the next morning. He could feel Daniel's body next to his, could see his chest rising and falling over and over. He loved this small window of time, where everything seemed to be at peace. There was no work to worry about, there was nothing else on his mind. The only thing he paid attention to being the wonderful man next to him, and noting the most truly mundane things he did. This was bliss; the calm before the storm.

Of course, it couldn't last forever. He was reminded of that when the stupid alarm clock next to his bed starting wailing. Upon hearing the sound, he sighed deeply, turning to shut it up. Daniel stirred next to him, slowly moving to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He yawned and turned to Jonah, who had taken his phone off of charging.

"Morning," Daniel said quietly, voice hoarse from having just woken up.

"Hey," Jonah replied, looking up from his phone, "you came in last night?"

He nodded, "Got held up at work. Plus, it started snowing."

They both fell silent, enjoying the warmth of their bed for a few seconds longer. Jonah got up first and walked into the bathroom, and Daniel got up a moment later, pulling on an over-sized shirt and making his way down to the kitchen. The first thing he did was make two cups of coffee since he wouldn't be able to do anything until he had finished at least half of the coffee in his mug. He sat down on one of the stools at the kitchen island, waiting for Jonah to come down.

He looked out the large kitchen window at saw just what he had expected he would see; 10 inches of fresh snow covering every surface. He took a gulp of his coffee, knowing he was going to need to hurry if he wanted to get the driveway cleared in time to get to his office building. He made his way over to the front door and opened it to assess how much work it would be. It was still a little dark out, but the snow made it seem brighter than it was. Daniel groaned at the sight in front of him. He couldn't even make out his driveway, and his car was covered in snow. It looked impossible to clear.

He stepped back inside, closing the door behind him. Walking back to the kitchen, he could hear Jonah already making breakfast for them, like he did every day. Since he worked from home (and since he was probably a better cook than Daniel will ever be), Jonah did most of the cooking. He set his coffee down before going to the bathroom. When he came back, he resumed his spot at the island.