baby, it's cold outside

ship - jarbyn
warnings - none
wc - 822
°

Jack sat in the common room of his boarding school. He was studying for the history test that he had the next day. Ever since he had moved to Dalton Academy, his usual work load had increased significantly.

He had moved to Dalton Academy, an all-boys private boarding school, because of their strict no-bullying policy. Jack had always had a tough time in high school because of all the bullying he had to endure, due to the fact that he liked boys. When he had caught wind of Dalton and how he could finally belong somewhere, he had quickly transferred.

He had only been going to Dalton for two weeks, but he could already say that it was way better than his old school. He was quickly accepted by his classmates, and he had joined the Dalton Warblers, the show choir at the school. Plus, he was surrounded by cute guys.

There was one boy that had caught his attention in particular. Corbyn Besson; platinum blonde hair, fair skin, green eyes that would switch to blue from time to time. This boy was utterly gorgeous, and to top it off, he was the Warblers' lead singer. It also didn't hurt that he was openly gay.

Jack and Corbyn had become friends during his first week at Dalton. Corbyn had been his guide, showing him around the schools and taking him to his classes. They were quick to become friends, and the younger was quick to develop feelings for him. He smiled whenever he was around, and he suspected that Corbyn felt the same about him. 

As Jack read over his notes, Corbyn walked into the room. He was smiling, and he stopped in front of Jack, leaning against the wall. He cleared his throat, alerting Jack that he was there. Jack looked up at him and smiled.

"What are you working on? Hope I'm not interrupting anything." Corbyn said.

Jack sighed and pushed his notes away from him, "I've been stuffing my brain full of knowledge for the past hour. This test is gonna be the death of me."

Corbyn smiled, "Well, if you're up for a break, could you help me out? I need you to rehearse with me. I'm singing Baby, It's Cold Outside in the Kings Island's 'Christmas Spectacular'. Think you have a moment to spare from your precious study time?"

"Oh, I love that song! Too bad they'd never let us sing it together at the show. You know, as us two artists. Anyways, I'll do anything to get myself to stop going over this lousy review." 

Corbyn chuckled, "Very good then." He took out his phone and started playing the song.

"I really can't stay,"

"But Baby, it's cold outside,"

Jack blushed softly when he heard Corbyn call him 'baby'. Even though it was in the song, he still liked the sound of it coming from his mouth. He got up from his seat and started walking around, Corbyn following after him, as they sang the duet.

"I've gotta get home,"

"But Baby, you'd freeze out there,"

"Say, lend me a coat?"

The two of them leaned against either side of the fireplace, smiling at each other. They moved around to the couch by the end of the song. 

"Oh, Baby, it's cold outside."

They both sat down next to each other as the music came to a stop. They faced one another, eyes locking as they smiled. It just occurred to Jack that they had both sung the song rather flirtatiously. Not that he was complaining.

"Well, I think you're ready." Jack stated as he started getting up. Corbyn pulled him back down by his arm before he could stand. Jack bit his lip as Corbyn turned his body to face him.

"Well, for the record," he started, "you were much better than that girl is gonna be at the show."

The two of them unconsciously leaned closer to one another. When Jack realized that their faces were mere inches away from each other, his face turned pink. The older noticed, and smiled.

"Jack, has anyone ever told you that you're really cute when you blush?"

This made the colour on his cheeks become darker, "I've been told a few times." He said, giggling.

"Well, it's true. You're actually always really cute. I really like you, and I like being around you. If I'm being honest, asking you to do this duet with me was just an excuse to spend time with you."

"Well, would you like to do something else some other time? With me?"

Corbyn beamed, "Yeah, I'd like that."

Jack smiled, and put his hand on Corbyn's cheek, guiding him closer to his lips until they met in the middle. The two shared a soft kiss, one that the both of them wanted to last forever.

One that they would remember forever.

One that would be followed by many, many more. 

°
The people wanted Jarbyn, so the people got Jarbyn.
Klaine can hit me with a bus.
Merry Christmas if ya celebrate it. Don't choke on eggnog.

 Don't choke on eggnog

♡ONESHOTS♡