phases

ship - zonah
warnings - none
wc - 1681
°

Jonah sat on his bed, staring down at his phone. It was blowing up with missed calls and messages. He didn't even need to look to know who it was. There's only one person who ever calls him at one in the morning, drunk and in need of a shoulder to cry on.

Zach.

The brunet's best friend had a tendency to do stupid things. Get wasted, mess around with the wrong guys, get his heart broken.

Zach constantly turned to Jonah when he felt alone. He was the first person he called when he needed to be picked up from somewhere, or when he needed to be looked after. He knew that Jonah would always care for him. He was always there for him.

Every time Zach came to him, he was ready to console the younger. He would cuddle with him, let him cry. He would sing him songs and dance with him. He would listen to everything Zach told him, and filled the silences that he knew Zach wouldn't want to be empty. He made him feel loved, because that's what he was- loved, by Jonah.

He sighed before getting up, pulling on his Vans and grabbing his keys. He checked his texts to figure out where Zach was, as he closed the door behind him and got into his car. It only took him 5 minutes to get to his destination.

He saw Zach sitting on the side walk, clearly drunk, sobbing into his hands. He quickly pulled over and got out of the car. He crouched down in front of Zach.

"Hey, bubs. You okay?"

Zach wrapped his arms around the older. Jonah could smell that he had spilled alcohol on the jacket that he was wearing. He picked the small boy up with ease, and carried him back to his car. He drove them both back to his place. Zach still had tears running down his face, but he had quieted down.

Once he had gotten both of them inside, he removed Zach's jacket that reeked of beer. He lead him in to the bathroom, where he took off his shirt. 

"I'm gonna go get you something wear, okay? Can you wash your face for me?" he asked. Zach nodded as Jonah went off to get a sweatshirt for him, knowing that he enjoyed wearing his. He also grabbed a pair of smaller sweatpants that he could change into so he would be more comfortable.

When he got back to Zach, he helped him put the clothes on. The younger boy stayed pretty quiet during the whole thing, which concerned Jonah because he was usually more talkative. He helped him to his room, where they both got into his bed.

Jonah pulled him close, and wrapped him in his warm embrace. Zach nestled into his chest. They stayed that way for a moment before he broke the silence.

"You wanna tell me what happened, love?" He asked softly. Zach sniffled before responding.

"I thought he was gonna be different, Jo. He was nice, and he complimented me. He made me feel special when we were together."

"What did he do?" 

He saw tears fill his eyes, "I saw him with a girl. I-I confronted him about it, and h-he laughed and told me I d-didn't mean anything to him. Then the girl threw her drink at m-me."

The older felt nothing but sympathy for the boy he loved. He could feel the wet spot on his shirt from where Zach was crying. He comforted him, running his hand up and down his back and kissed the top of his head, whispering sweet nothings into his ear softly.