grilled cheese

ship - dorbyn
warnings - none
wc - 1107
°

Corbyn was an insomniac. He had been for the longest time. He just couldn't get his brain to calm down when it was time to go to sleep.

He had tried many methods to get rid of his insomnia, but none had worked. He usually only got a couple of hours of sleep, and on days he did sleep for more than six hours it was restless and uncomfortable.

Corbyn was used to the house being completely silent at night. Which was why he was kind of shocked when he heard a knock on his door at 2:47 in the morning.

He climbed out of bed, slipped on a hoodie onto his shirtless torso, and walked out of his room.

He reached the front door and looked out the peephole. He was surprised to see who he saw.

He opened the door and was met with a gust of cold wind, the sound of light rain, and a familiar face.

"Daniel? What are you doing here?"

The brunet stood on his doorstep. He was shivering, wearing only a pair of sweats and a long sleeve shirt.

"Can I come in?" The younger asked, crossing his arms to trap some of his body heat.

"Of course," he said, moving away from the door a bit so he could make his way in.

Daniel walked in and took his shoes off. Corbyn closed the door and took off his hoodie, handing it to the other and leaving himself shirtless.

"What is this for?" Daniel asked with a questioning look.

Corbyn raised his eyebrow, "It's the middle of winter and you just showed up at my house at, like, three in the morning, wearing nothing but a shirt and some sweatpants. You look like you're freezing."

Daniel nodded and pulled the sweater on.

Corbyn wasn't a stranger to the brunet. They were what most people would call 'friends with benefits."

The two friends had hooked up quite a bit during the summer. Though they hadn't seen each other since then, both of them busy with their own lives.

"So... is there a reason why you're here?" Corbyn asked, not sure why he had shown up.

"Well, I couldn't sleep, so I thought maybe a walk would be a good idea. I guess I lost track of time as I was walking, but I started getting cold. It just started raining out of nowhere, and I remembered that you lived around here. So, yeah."

"Are you crazy? It's the middle of January, and you thought it would be a good idea to take a walk at night?"

Daniel just looked down at his hands that were covered by the long sleeves of Corbyn's sweater.

"Daniel, you could have gotten hurt! Someone could have done something to you. Or you could have caught a cold. Please don't do anything stupid like this again."

"Why do you care so much? Look I'm sorry if you don't want me here. I'll leave." He turned to walk out.

"No! Stop, don't leave." Corbyn grabbed his arm, "It's going to start raining harder. I can't let you walk back in this weather."