3

We were dismissed from the hospital, got in the car and drove away.
"Where do you live?" I asked Lachlan. I need to drop him off on my way home.
"I, I live with those guys. Just up the road." If they find out I went to hospital and reported them with Lachlan, he could get butchered, he could die!
"I have to drop you off, you can get as much stuff as you need, I'll drive around the block and pick you up as soon as your done."
"What will that do? Have nowhere else to go!" He mentioned. Damn son. Forgot that. Um maybe,
"With us?" Crap, did not mean for that to come out, I was trying to think it.
"You sure?" Lachlan said, he looked sad.
"Yes. As long as you need." Damn Stella, stop saying things.
"Thanks, here will do, here's my number so I can call if something happens."we exchanged our numbers andhe leapt out of the car and bolted towards his 'home'. I continued driving around in circles.

**Lachlan's POV**
I raced into the building trying to do this as quickly as possible. I shoved stuff into my backpack; clothes, toiletries and other necessities. I threw my shoebox of emergency cash in as well. As I was walking out of my room the front door opened. What cha gonna do lachie? What cha gonna do?
I dropped my bags, dialling Stella's number and leaving the phone in my pocket.
"Well, Lachlan? Where were you buddy? We were searching for you. What were you up to?" Oscar asked in a way I would call seductive and evil smashed together with curiosity. C'mon lachie. Don't Stella and Toby into trouble.
"I was busy! What does it matter to you?" I said rudely.
"It doesn't, I was just curious. Nah. I need to know you aren't betraying us. Where were you Lachlan, what were you doing?" He slowly approached me, his hand deep in his pocket. Oh no! No no no! I was, um? Think Lachlan. Quick!
"I went to find that chicks house. I found it! I'm gonna go bash her! Maybe steal the kid? Ya know?" I lied. The guys continually stepped closer,
"Your lying Lachlan! Tell the truth." I tripped over my bag, my shirt lifted up, my bandages were visible. Damn!
"Oh, bandages! So you went to hospital. So you were a snitch. You bring this on yourself you know?" His knife was now in his hands and 3 other guys were on top of me. Oscar fell onto his knees, landing onto my chest. He slowly twisted the knife into several parts of my body.
"Liars deserve punishment."he smiled at me evil before stabbing me just below my left ribcage. I groaned in agony, feeling the blade go right through me. It was pulled out and I was stabbed again in my arm. I screamed and began crying, hoping I wasn't seen with small drops of liquid descending. They did, more 'punishment' was on its way...

**Stella's POV**
On my third lap going around the small set of properties I got a call, I put my phone on speaker. I heard nothing for the first few seconds but then I heard voices, they spoke to Lachlan about his day, Lachlan replied 'I was busy'. After a few minutes of conversation mainly about me, lies and punishment, I heard someone fall over. Probably Lachlan, the noise the phone made when it hit the ground. Then I heard a groan, he sounded like he was in pain. Then a scream. I ended the call and immediately stopped the car. I dialled 000 and the operator asked

~ O-operator, S~Stella~
O- police, fire or ambulance
S- police please.
O- what's your emergency?
S- I think my friend is being assaulted. He called me and I heard a thud and a scream.
O- what is your name and location?
S- my name is Stella, I'm currently outside 23 bond road. My friends name is Lachlan and he is inside with a group of men.
O- ok miss, we need you to remain calm. An ambulance and the police are on their way. You must stay nearby the scene for interrogation.
S- ok, thank you.

And with that the phone call ended. After a few minutes I got scared that they weren't coming, but by the time ten minutes passed the police were here. The police cars were in a semicircle around the house and the ambulance in the middle of it. Half the cops went inside the rest sat outside.i got out of the car and wandered over behind one of the police cars, leaving Toby in the car asleep. A police officer wandered over to me,
"Miss you have to get off the scene."
"No I don't sir, I was told to stay in scene for interrogation purposes. I reported the incident." I replied sophisticatedly.
"Oh, my mistake miss. We will see you soon." He apologised as Oscar and his guys yelled at a weak and limp Lachie.
"Your a bloody snitch, you hear that! A snitch! I'll get you Lachlan!"
"He may be bloody but he's not a snitch! I am the snitch!" I yelled proudly. Oscar looked over at me, he replied.
"You'll regret it!" And with that he was put into a police van along with the others. Lachlan walked out pale and was rushed to the ambulance. I wanted to see him but I was too slow and the emergency vehicle had disappeared into the distance. I went over to the police car, talked about what I knew, what happened to my face and many other things. The court trial would be a couple days after Lachlan got out of hospital, hopefully soon.
"Can I look inside the house, he was going to stay with me for a little while but now I think he'll just live with me permanently." They nodded in agreement so I farewelled the officers and wandered inside looking for the suitcase that Lachlan might've packed. I looked around a bit. I realised that I didn't know where he slept, if he did at all.
"Excuse me, miss, can you please direct me to the room the body was found in?" I walked up to a lady in uniform.
"Yes, just follow the hall and it's the last one on the right." She smiled. I said my thank-you's and went were I was told. I found a red bag in the ground. I looked it the bloodstained tag, all it said was Lachlan something. The blood had smudged the text out. I looked at the rest of his room. It had photos, clothes, and was set out quite neatly. I realised that his bag couldn't have had too much in it so I found some other bags, and stuffed them with his photos and other things he needed. i carried it all out to the car and shoved it into the boot. As I started driving Toby began to cry. I sighed, pulled over and retrieved him. I bobbed him up and down, shushed him and when he finally calmed down (5-10 minutes later) I put him back and gave him his special train toy. I went back home dropped off the luggage into Toby's room, moving Toby's things into mine, grabbed the day pack, and left again.
"We have to visit lachie. Hey? Lachie?" I buckled my toddler into the car seat. We were on our way to the hospital for the second time.