Broken Together | Chapter 7

Jaren's POV

"Aye man, what it do?" Marcel asks as I walk up to him.

"I'm just wondering where Luke is. Need to talk." I reply, adjusting the straps of my backpack.

"Ah, shit. You didn't hear? Luke's in hospital." Marcel replies, leaning back against, what I presume to be, his locker.

"How?" I ask, my thoughts instantly going to John.

"Ezra and Griz jumped him. Stabbed him too, apparently." Marcel replies, frowning.

"Didn't Luke, Tyler and you beat up Eric and Mason?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Tyler and Luke beat 'em up, I just happened to be there." Marcel says, his hands up in surrender.

"Right. Well, I hope Luke's alright. Is Tyler good?" I ask, somewhat worried about the tall American asshole.

"Yeah, piggy's aight." Marcel replies. I don't question the nickname and nod my head.

"Watch yourself. They might jump ya too." I warn, not meaning it as a threat, but he seems to take it that way.

"The fuck dude?" He questions, narrowing his eyes and getting all up in my face.

"Not a threat, Marcel." I say, rolling my eyes at his defensive position.

Are these guys seriously always on edge.

"Chill out, Mar." Someone says from behind me. I glance over my shoulder and see a brown haired kid with a grin that's just as powerful as Marcel's. "Heya! I'm Scotty." The guy introduces, holding out a hand.

"Jaren." I greet, shaking the outstretched hand and giving him a friendly smile.

"I'm in your P.E class, I noticed how flexible you are, you should come join the cheerleading squad!" Scotty says, clapping his hands together.

"Uh... I'm a dude." I state, and I hear Marcel say a quiet 'uh oh'.

"So? Boys can be cheerleaders, in fact, boys are great cheerleaders! The girls are so open here and we even have a male uniform! There is no limitations for either gender, and being a cheerleader doesn't make you any less of a man, it's a great way to learn new tricks and show off. Being a cheerleader means you cheer on other people, show off our school spirit and flaunt your stuff!" Scotty rants, pouting slightly.

"Alright, Scott, you made your point babe." Marcel says, moving past me to press a quick kiss to his lips. "Let's head to homeroom, Yeah?" Marcel says to Scott.

The way they look at each other is priceless.

They look so happy, so in love.

I want that one day. I want to grow old with someone, have fun with someone, be committed to someone.

I want to have a husband, a family.

I want to get a dog, and I want to name her Octavia.

I want to have a child, name her Octavia 2.0.

I want to do normal adult stuff with a man I love.

But I don't want the hate that comes with it, I don't want the pain and the burden of being in an openly gay relationship.

I don't want to be attacked because of my sexual preference.

And I sure as hell don't want my partner to be attacked either.

Why do people hate love so much?

I let those thoughts swarm around in my head as I walk off towards homeroom, not really focusing on where I'm going.