En Route | Chapter 14

Jaren's POV

Me and John stayed up all night long and watched movie after movie, crying quietly at the ending of The Notebook.

"God damnit!" John cries out, burying his face in my shoulder and sobbing.

"There, there." I joke, patting his hair. We both break out into laughter which then ends up with John on top of me, which then leads to us getting very intimate.

Well, sort of.

We're just making out, so it's not that intimate I gue— Oh, never mind.

"John!" I giggle out, pulling on his wrist to get it out of my pants.

"What? I can't give you a hand job?" He teases, slipping his hand out of my pants.

"NOT UNTIL LATER ON IN THE BOOK, GODDAMNIT!" Hellie yells out, kicking in the door.

"No silly, Eri and Josh are down the hall." I grumble, hitting his chest slightly.

"What, you want them to join?" He asks, raising his brows.

"I'll kill your turtle." I growl, causing him to gasp.

"He'd bite you."

"No, he loves me. He'd never see it coming."

"You're despicable." John huffs our, moving off of me and sitting down beside me on the bed. I chuckle slightly at that and sit up as well.

"So, want to hear about my past?" I ask, catching his attention immediately.

"Yes! I mean, uh, yeah, sure." He replies, a bit too enthusiastically.

"Just, don't get mad or cry ok?" I ask, seriousness dropping from my words. He nods his head rapidly and stares at me. "Um, this is going to be a bit weird and I get emotional really quick... Can I... Can I come sit in your lap?" I ask, my face slightly red.

"Sure, Yeah." He replies, patting his thighs. I move over and sit down in his lap, relaxing slightly as his arms go around my waist.

"Where to start.. Ok. My mother and father, my real ones, were super kind to me. They loved me and cherished me more than anything in the world. Until they got into drugs. I was five at the time, but they owed some very powerful men some money, and they didn't have it. But they did have a kid, and powerful men are usually the most fucked up. I'm pretty sure I was raped for the first time at the age of five or six, and it kept happening from then on." I pause and take a deep breath, the torturous images fogging my mind.

"Breathe." He whispers, hugging me tighter to him.

"There was this man... His name was Alventi, and he's the one who would rape me as payment from my parents. They let him do it as well, they locked me in a room with this man and let him do whatever he wanted to me.." I stop and cover my mouth, sobbing as quietly as I can.

"Baby, breathe. It's ok, he's not here anymore and he can't hurt you." John whispers, his fingers brushing through my hair. I sob quietly for a while before I compose myself.

"This went on for three years, every month or two. But then the police arrested my parents for drug use and I was sent to the orphanage. The court found my parents guilty on all charges, ranging from Child Pornography to drug possession." I whisper, letting out a small sigh. "School was shit, I was called a faggot and I was constantly being beaten up. The orphanage was worse. Then Eri and Josh came and saved me." I mutter, turning around in his grip and burying my head in his shirt. "They took me away and never turned back."

"I'm so glad they did. I'm so sorry for what happened to you Jaren, but no one will ever hurt you like that again." He whispers, kissing the top of my head and rubbing my back soothingly.