Judgement | Chapter 12

Jaren's POV

I was actually nervous for school today.

I was worried that Luke and Jonathan would spread rumours about John and I at the party, because they definitely saw us leave together in the morning.

I was also scared of the fact that me and John are walking into school, hand in hand with giant grins on our faces as we talked and laughed about little things.

On the outside I was cool.

On the inside, I was a fucking mess.

I get it. Over here, it's not that big of a deal. But that doesn't stop my memories from resurfacing. And it's the ducking worst when I hear someone whisper about John playing another helpless guy.

People just need to shut up and keep to themselves.

I just want to walk and talk with John, hold his hand and maybe even kiss him every once and a while.

But instead, I was shaking in his grip ever so slightly. He noticed though. He notices everything.

"Jaren, you need to relax." He whispers, squeezing my hand as we stop in front of my locker. He lets go and leans up against the locker next to mine as I put my stuff away.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, my heart doing a backflip at the thought of making him upset. I didn't want him to think I didn't want to be public about it, because I did.

I want everyone to know that he's taken and they need to back off.

"Don't worry, babe. It's fine." He whispers, lacing his fingers together with my own.

God, he knows how to calm me down so well.

I don't know how he does it. Honestly, he could probably shoot me and tell me to calm down and I still would.

"Hey lover birds!" I hear Brock call, walking up and giving me a hug from behind. I see a tinge of jealousy pass through Johns eyes, but he hides it fairly well.

"Hi, Brock." I say with a soft smile, turning to face him as he lets me go.

"I need you to come with me." Brock states, looking over at John before back to me. "John can't come though." He adds, causing said male to pout.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he literally gives me no time to answer, gripping my wrist and dragging me down the halls.

Soon we near a door and he pretty much kicks it open, and inside are musical instruments.

"You play or sing any?" He asks, leaning up against the wall as he watches me look around in shock.

"I play piano, can't sing for shit but I enjoy rapping." I reply, making my way over to the beautiful piano in the centre of the room.

"Play me your favourite piece." Brock says, walking over and standing by the piano.

I let my fingers run over the keys a few times in a random order, getting my feel for it again.

It been a while.

I slowly place my fingers in position and let them move on their own, listening to the peaceful song I play.

The River Flows In You, by Yuruma is my all time favourite piece to play. The soft, delicate sounds of the piano remind me of those happy movies that have fairytale endings.

I close my eyes and let my body take over, them warm feeling in my chest growing as I release all forms of stress right here.

The music echoes in the room as I finish, an amazed look on Brock's face.