Fairytale Endings | Alt 15

Jaren's POV

Fairytales are just... that. Simply fairytales.

There is no such thing as a happy ending, because death is never a happy thing. People never truly remember who you are after you've died, just what you achieved. If you were the kindest person on the planet, no one would know your name. But, if you were a talented singer or actor, everyone would remember you even if they didn't know you.

That's why fairytales don't exist.

But that doesn't mean that good things don't happen.

———

"Eri... Is he ok?" I whisper, my voice hoarse as I try to sit up. Eri smiles softly and nods her head at me, a few tears in her eyes.

"He was completely fine, baby. He wanted to stay in here with you until you woke up, but the doctor pulled him away to talk.. He'll be back soon." She whispers, brushing a strand of my hair out of my eyes.

"He's fine?" I whisper, grinning slightly at her.

"He was on my side when it happened, so he didn't take the blow like you did. He hit his head on the window, but he's fine." She replies, running a hand through my hair. "But, baby, you have a broken leg."

"I do?" I ask groggily, glancing down at the hoisted leg. "I do." I confirm, nodding my head slowly. "What drugs did they give me? I feel great." I mumble, yawning slightly as I stretch my arms above my head.

"Well I'm pretty sure—."

"Jaren! Hey baby, you alright?"

I can't help but squeal like a child and make grabby hands for John as he walks in, a dumb smile on his face. The doctor walks in behind him, looking very grim, but I pay him no mind.

John walks over to me and leans down for a hug, his face burying itself in my neck.

"Hey, guess who's getting a bomb ass lung transplant?" He whispers, kissing the side of my neck sloppily.

"Wait, What?"

"Doc says it's too advanced now, but there's a chance I can get a replacement lung." He says, a slight frown on his face. "But, I tested positive for leukaemia.. But it's early stage."

I smile up at him, the good news making my heart feel light and fluttery.

"Buuuuut... Lungs are pretty expensive, and I don't know if I can do that to you guys." He quickly adds, a sad look on his face. And I punch him. Really hard. In the face. In his very pretty face. "Ow! Fuck! Jaren?!"

"We'll get you a new damn lung or two if we have to, idiot."

"Not unless I consent—."

"Bitch I'll do the surgery myself. I've been watching Scrubs lately." I growl, slapping his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, Yeah, ok." He chuckles, placing a kiss on my forehead. "You need to sleep, ok?"

"Nah I'm good."

"Jaren."

"John."

"Babe."

"Daddy?"

"Uh.. Sure, I'm totally 100% down for that." He says, winking at me.

——

"Hey, John, how are you feeling?" I ask, caressing the side of his face as he blinks his eyes open at me.

"I feel like I've been smoking for a few hundred years." He replies, his voice wheezy and not very nice sounding. I give him a sympathetic smile and sit down, lightly kissing the side of his cheek. "Do I look cool bald?" He jokes, reaching his own hand up to feel the now bald head.