Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine~
12/05/19
Word Count:2433

•The Feudal Era and the Shogi boy•

Morning soon came and it was time to get ready for school. "Ne, Naruto wake up or we'll be late." I said huskily.

Naruto groaned in response but either way, he sat up, stretched then rubbed his eyes. "Okay, I'm awake now." He said and went to the bathroom to change.

Once we were ready, we started our daily walk to the academy. "Ne, Kaori-Chan do you think you are going to win against Shikamaru today?" Naruto asked after a while of silence.

"To be completely honest with you, I don't know if I'll win or not. But one thing is for sure, I'll try my best to have fun while playing and pay close attention to how Shikamaru plays so next time I could win in shogi." I said with a smile, Naruto hummed and then started saying how he can't wait to be hokage one day.

Not soon after my mind started to wonder on the memory line. Remembering my mom and my dad and my older brother when I was around this age.

•Flashback•
"But mommy I want to be strong and powerful just like tou-san and Hiro-nii-Chan." I told my mother with a pout.

"Kaori-chan you have to stay here with mommy. Your papa and older brother train very hard, and it's something not suitable for a young lady as yourself." She spoke calmly.

"But mama, I want to be strong enough to protect you and everyone I care about one day when I'm really strong just like Papa and Hiro-nii-chan." I insisted.

"Kagome just let her tag along this time, nothing will happen to her. We promise, right Hiro-Kun?" Papa said as he entered the room.

"But Inuyasha, she's six for Gods sake, and plus you're teaching Hiro-Kun to use his sword..." my mother said once again with doubt.

"She isn't a full human Kagome, and you know this. She'll be fine. After all if she starts seeing how it's done when it's her time to train it'll be a piece of cake. Look at Shippo, since he was small he was with us throughout our journey and look at him now, he is as nearly as powerful as me." Papa continued to try to convince her.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you guys." Kaa-san said making papa smile in return.

"Like old times huh." Papa murmured as we went out and saw him and Hiro-nii-Chan train. Then soon after, uncle Shippo had joined and aunt Sango's and uncle Miroku's older kids joined as well.
•End of Flashback•

I remember those times as if they were yesterday...

But now that I think about it, I think I brought my sword with me. After a few years of continuously watching Tou-san and everyone train, Tou-san finally told Totosai-Sama to make me sword out of grandpa's tooth. It turns out that not only has dad found a way to go back to grandpa's grave, he can also take his other teeth out with Tessaiga...well that's what my father used to help create my sword and also Hiro-kuns......wait a second ...now that I'm remembering...my stuff! I had totally forgotten I had my book-bag with me when I came to this era. I guess I forgot all about it when I figured I as nowhere near the feudal era.

"Kaori-chan?"

"Yeah?" I said still trying to figure out a way to get my belongings back without Hatake-san finding out.

"We are here, were you even listening to me?" Naruto pouted.

"Uh? Oh yeah. Totally." I said with a small sweat drop.

"Oh really? Then what did I sa—" he was about to say when he was suddenly interrupted by Sakura.

"Ohayo!"