Chapter Eighteen

~Chapter 18~
10/05/20
Word Count: 2234

• Underworld•

When Sasuke and I both fell through the portal I managed to free Sasuke from the hands of that rogue that soon had lost conscious because of how fast we were falling. I grabbed onto Sasuke and moved my way through the air, landing perfectly on a skeleton bird.

Sasuke looked around panicking a little, "Kaori, where are we?"

"The underworld. From now on, do not under no circumstances leave my side. It's dangerous down here, we must find a way to go back to the world of the living. Every person that is alive and falls down here is going to die sooner or later. So we must hurry" I explained as I made our transportation safely take us to the ground. I've never been to the underworld, but I have heard stories about it.

I know the underworld is a place that is connected to all spiritual realms, and portals. I've heard about the men in black, they are immortals that help humans and half bloods like myself move on to our next life or simply stay here and roam, or move to a better place, heaven. Mama says that in her world they are called Grim Reapers, but in the feudal Era people refer to them as the Angels of death. Technically the same thing just different name.

Mama warned me various times that if I ever made contact with a Grim Reaper if I'm alive to never make eye contact with them, nor say my full name because a bond will form and he will find me anywhere I go.

"Duck-butt I don't know how long we'll be here, but I must tell you a few things. If we ever meet a person in all black or anyone suspicious never, ever make eye contact with them, nor say your full name. So make a name up or something. It could be dangerous if they knew your name." I said and he nodded.

"Kaori...where are we heading to exactly?" He asked.

"To my grandfather's graveyard.." I answered. Papa has told me the story of how he got Tessaiga, creating a map in my mind according to the story. So I'm not completely lost.

The terrible smell was beginning to make me feel a bit dizzy, and if it's affecting me it's worse for Sasuke. I glanced towards his direction, he was more pale than before and was visibly worried.

"Don't worry, My brother and uncle will come rescue us." I gave his hand a tight squeeze for reassurance. He smiled faintly and nodded.

"What do we have here?" A voice spoke behind us. I gasped and hurried and made Sasuke look down.

"What is your business in the underworld, mortals?" The voice spoke again. It was deep and cunning, somehow it was urging me to look up and see who that beautiful voice belonged to.

"We are looking for Inu no Taisho's graveyard. My uncle will be taking us back. Do not worry we won't stay long" I responded back, focusing on my shoes as the most interesting thing at the moment.

"Is that so? Well sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart, but that human boy that is besides you will soon die. His body will not hold any longer  if he continues to breathe the sulfur of the underworld. Now what are your names, children?"

"Is there a way to save him? I'm sorry sir, but we will not say our names for our safety."

"Say your name, child. And I'll tell you the way to give him more time to remain alive." He answered. My heart thumped loudly against my chest. Why do I feel so uneasy.

"The names Kaori. That's all you'll receive. Now tell me how can I save my friend." I answered. Saying my first name is no problem the problem is if he finds out my middle and last name.

"Hmm Kaori, what a beautiful name. The only way to save that boy is to give a fraction of your soul to him so he becomes a bit stronger to stay alive for a little more. But there are drawbacks to it. Removing a part of your soul even if it's just a small piece is like removing a limb. When the fraction of your soul leaves your body and goes into his, your essence will linger here in the underworld. This will cause you to see and hear things that weren't there before, and possibly have me around sometimes. As you see child I help the souls move on, I'm everywhere." He explained. I gulped and held Sasuke's hand tighter, feeling his aura diminishing. It's only been a few minutes!