•Chapter Seventeen•

Chapter 17
10/01/20
Word count: 2592

~Tick Tock~

Surely after I recovered from the attack, we  bid goodbye to the land of waves and headed back to Konoha.

"Ya, Sakura-Chan you cant be serious, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed making Sakura laugh. It's been two days and I can't stand it anymore. Sakura has gotten a new hobby; teasing the boys. She began saying that she's going to date my older brother when she reaches the age of 18 but she only says that to get under Naruto's, Sasuke's, and Kakashi-san's skin. We both find it amusing seeing their reactions, but my brother sees nothing funny about it. Uncle Sesshomaru is usually quiet but once he's annoyed he'll say "shut up" and glare at us then we become silent.

"Sometimes I wish you three morons would have that neckless my idiot of a brother has." He mumbled under his breath making me giggle.

I fastened my pace and nudged him on the side, "If that were the case we would be doomed and the word 'sit' would traumatize us. Then our friend Kiba would take advantage of that." I smiled. He looked down at me and patted my head.

"I missed seeing you this small. When you got older you would be all over the place and Rin and I never had the time to see you often." He whispered soft enough for me to hear. I had explained my situation to him and Hiro how I wanted my true age a secret until it was time for me to go.

"I hate it so much. It's better being taller and stronger, because if I was in my true form I would've beat Naraku's ass with Kurikaramaru." I said making him chuckle.

"Ya, Mister! Is it true you're also Kaori's sensei?" Naruto asked with sparkling eyes. My uncle eyed him weirdly then glanced at me. "Yes that is correct. However, I've only trained Kaori for a short period of time, the rest of her training was with her parents." My uncle explained to him. Hiro smiled, "That's true, because while our parents trained Kaori, I was trained by uncle Sesshomaru, and uncle Miroku. Then vise versa, but it didn't last long" He added.

"Really? That's so cool! Dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed. Soon Naruto had stationed himself next to my uncle which was surprisingly answering Naruto's questions. Hiro and Sasuke were speaking in the back while Sakura had joined Naruto and my uncle.

For some reason I felt bad for Kakashi-san now that all of their attention was going to my uncle and older brother and totally leaving him in the dark.

"What do you think of them?" I said while walking on his pace.

"They are just like you in some way. It's good to know you won't feel too left out anymore, Kaori. Over the years I've been the only one to comfort you when your depression hit. I'm happy you have more people to talk to now just in case you might want to discuss something really private." He said softly. My heart squeezed a little, why does he sound sad?

"Hey! Don't speak like I'm never going to talk to you about my life again. Just because they arrived doesn't change the fact that I'm comfortable speaking things with you." I pouted. "Besides, you're my first sensei that isn't a family member so I care about you too, and if you ever start doubting yourself in being our sensei I'll beat some sense into you, got it?" I said and he chuckled softly.

"I would like to you see you try." He laughed, making my eye twitch he seriously thinks I can't beat him.

"Don't underestimate me sensei, if you underestimate the opponent later on it will bite you in the ass. That's what happened to Zabuza, if he hadn't managed to escape he would've been a dead man." I responded nonchalantly.

"I would never underestimate my students, Kaori-Chan." He said.

We then continued to jump around the tree branches until we reached a small clearing. We had decided to camp here now that the sun was beginning to set.