•Chapter Thirteen•

~Chapter 13~
09/05/20
Word Count: 1715

New mission •
It's been two months in being a genin. We've done many domestic missions. 64 to be exact. Never knew being a young ninja could be so boring! Today we had to capture a cat it didn't take long but it did take time from real training.

"Old man, I demand a real mission! I'm...no not just I, all of us are tired of doing D-rank missions! Please, can we get a real mission?" Naruto said as soon as the fat lady left with the poor cat.

"Naruto-" Kakashi-San said in a warning tone.

"Tell me three reasons why I should give you a real mission, Naruto?" The Third Hokage asked.

"Well, Kakashi sensei is a really skilled ninja, Teme, Sakura and I have trained really hard everyday since even before becoming a real team, and we have Kaori-chan she may be younger than us but she's really strong! She's probably stronger than you old man." He said making me face palm. Oh Naruto.

The Hokage chuckled, "tell me Naruto what makes you think that?"

"Well, she's a half demon! And you're just a human, Old man, there must be a line between the limits of the human body and those that carry half human half demon blood, right?"

"You're right, Naruto. But also you're forgetting that although Kaori is a half demon she is also 9 years old. She is barely a child. I on the other hand I'm far older and more experienced than her." The Hokage tried to reason but Naruto paid no mind to him. And hahaha yes I may be 9 at the moment but I'm actually 18 years old thank you very much.

"So, do we get a real mission or no?" He said as he sat down and crossed his arms.

"Fine..." the Hokage sighed, " I'll assign this team a mission. You'll be in charge of guarding an important person."

"Who is it?! An ambassador? A princess? A Kage? Oh oh I know! Is it a king? Dattebayo!" Wrong it's none of those because whoever we're babysitting reeks of alcohol.

"No, none of those, Naruto. Tazuna-San come on in."

A man staggered inside the office as he held a bottle and chugged it down.

"Tazuna, Team 7 will be in charge of accompanying you to the land of waves."

"Wait—you're telling me that a bunch of kids and their one eyed sensei will be protecting me?"

"Is that a problem? Huh, Old man! These bunch of kids are ninjas we are very much capable of taking care of an old man like yourself, dattebayo!" Naruto yelled out irritated.

"Ninjas you say? You are barely children playing to be ninjas. The only worthy ninja I see here is that one eyed sensei of yours. And from what I see you four look like 9 year olds. Is this a joke?" He asked.

"Tazuna-san I can assure you my team is capable of taking care of you in your journey home." Kakashi-San said.

"I doubt that." He said with arrogance. I rushed over to him and jumped up and held him by the neck, pulling him down to my height size. He may be taller than me, but in strength I win.

"Listen here you old man. And listen well. You have no right to treat us like you know us. We aren't friends, we aren't associates, so don't treat us like you know our abilities. My team and I have trained really hard to reach the level we are at, and so to say I must admit we are very much capable of taking care of a drunk man as yourself. So please if you have something bad to say keep it to yourself because unlike my dear teammates and sensei I don't stop myself to protect them even if it's just a civilian as yourself. I am not weak as you may think I am." I said as I let my grip loose. His eyes locked into mine as he recovered from his shock. Even though he is just a human he understands my dominance when I show it.