•Chapter Eleven•

~Chapter 11~
05/27/20
Word Count:1962

Genin•

"Kaori-Chan! Wake up! We are going to be late~~~Dattebayo!!!"

I heard Naruto's scream. Why is he yelling so much it's still so early...

I groaned and got up eventually. He was already dressed up and by judging by the smell of the house he had prepared scrambled eggs.

"Ohayo"

"C'mon Kaori-Chan we must hurry. Today Iruka Sensei is telling us our teams and we meet our jonin Sensei in the afternoon." He explained.

"Hai-hai...I'm coming." I said and got up and went to the bathroom and change.

When I got out Naruto already had our bentos ready and him waiting impatiently for me. I don't know what's gotten into me but today I feel like it's a lazy day.

When we got the academy everyone chattered about who and who would be in a team together or they thought so. I honestly didn't care what team I ended up with to be sincere being a ninja is flattering but it's not something I wished to become since a pup something these kids have.

"Alright class settle down. I have an announcement to make. As you may be aware, today you'll be graduating the academy and will proceed to the next phase in your life as genin. Today you will be assigned to a team and meet your jonin Sensei. Also, this year will be a special case for the graduating teams. In this specific class, there will be a team of four because there is an uneven amount of students. I hope the best for you all. I'll be naming the teams now, listen carefully."

He began listing names after names until he got to the familiar names.

"Team 7 will consist of Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura, and Higurashi Kaori." Why does it feel like I'm the extra one in this team? It doesn't feel right.

Naruto gave me a smile, Sasuke had a smirk on, and Sakura had a smile and I just had a bored expression. We all had different reasons.

Iruka Sensei continued down the list and soon every team was formed.

When he finished he gave us a piece of paper and told us to write down anything that comes to mind. Just to pass time of course.

'Where are you? I searched for you since the day I lost it all. It's true what they say, we have everything but we only become aware of what we have until it's not longer ours. I gaze up to the starry night and look at the same constellations we used to look at, it's a reminder that a part of you still remains.

How can I ever reach you? Is it even possible? If I ever reached you I would embrace you and smile at you. Help you out more and maybe help you with that little being that you carry inside.

When will I have you in my arms again? If I ever have the chance even if it's only for a few moments I'd tell you how much I love you. And I'm so sorry I took you for granted back then.

You know, I don't feel lonely anymore I have people here with me now. They care for me for who I am. You were right, people do care for what we have in the inside and not the outside. I'm sorry for doubting your wisdom. I miss you dearly mama, I just want you to know that I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm still holding strong, just enough to keep me going.'

All of that I wanted to write down. I wanted to pour my feelings in this piece of paper but I didn't have the courage to. I don't want to be seen as weak. Not here, not to them.

'I like training. I like eating food and I hate onions.' Was everything I wrote down. When I finished I placed my paper upside down and laid my head down on my arms. I felt myself relax until I sensed someone besides me. I lifted my head and saw Naruto.