Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

I awoke to the creaking sound of the basement door opening. I was still hugging my chest and cradled in the corner next to the dirty mattress.

Walking down the steep steps were Alex and Travis. Travis walked like he was clearly drunk and once close enough, I saw that Alex had a faint white powder like substance under his nose. Great ones high and the other is drunk. I banged my head lightly on the wall and closed my eyes tightly. This is not going to be good, I can already tell.

***

Beatings and scars later, I'm still in the cold basement in one of the boys shirts and boxers. The cement floor is a prickling feeling of ice against my skin. I shiver for hours until Noah finally comes down to get me.

He offers me a hand to get up which I oblige and push myself off of the cold floor. I follow him to the kitchen where all three of them stood across from me behind the island. I looked at my ragged reflection in the silver refrigerator and see that my hair is in knots all over my head, and growing more and more brown, my eyes are dropping with dark circles under them. I look away and out the window. The leaves of the autumn trees blow against the wind, fighting to stay in their place.

Why won't I fight? Why do I just stay here and take all the bs they're throwing at me? Why am I being so weak? Why won't I act like the autumn leaves? My gaze gets lost while staring out the window that Alex has the decency to snap in my face like I'm some dog.

"Listen," Travis orders. "You have to make dinner and it has to be done in 20." With that they all leave me alone as they all head upstairs. I attempt to rake my fingers through my hair but is stopped by a massive knot in the middle of my head. I groan and slide my back against the island board and bring my knees to my chest.

For a while, I just sit there, hugging my bruised legs until I finally stand up and lean against the sink. I grab a knife and the loaf of bread but instead of continuing with making the meal, I get distracted staring at the knife The blade carefully carved to an arc. All of a sudden the knife is on my wrist and I'm sliding it against my skin with enough pressure to catch blood. The cut feels like everything else around me isn't real. I continue with my other wrist and more down, still dazed and not aware of what I'm doing.

I hear a faint voice behind me. "What are you doing!" It wasn't a question but more of a demand to stop. I ignored the voice but then felt a rough hand grab my wrist with the knife in my hand and my chin so that I was looking at him. I was pulled out of my trance and felt the stinging of red liquid drop from my arms to the floor and the salty tears enter my mouth.

Travis cautiously took the knife from my hand after letting go of my chin. I broke down then and crumpled to the floor huddling to Travis. "Noah, bring something to cover up deep cuts!" Travis yelled, holding my frail person.

"What?" Noah asked as he entered the kitchen. His eyes widened at the sight of the puddle of blood forming around me and Travis, getting bigger every second. He automatically ran upstairs for something to clean the mess. When the deep red kept falling from my arms in a quick fashion, Travis took off his shirt and, the white t-shirt soaking up so much blood, you would never have known it was white unless you were there to see him with hit on.

Moments later, Noah finally came back with gauze and some liquid thing to make sure the cuts don't get infected. Before he was able to apply anything to my arms, everything became fuzzy. I lost too much blood and I blacked like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola peoplez so it's short I know, but I'm going to try and update one more time this week around Friday. Hope you like it!