Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18:

My limp brunette hair hung down from my scalp as helpless strings. All the red dye was nowhere to be seen so no more red hair. My face glew bright against the florecent light in the personal bathroom that was included with the hospital room. I reached for my crutches that leaned agaisnt the wall and made my way outside the bathroom and to the bed. Despite my bad condition, I was as happy as can be.

So far, life at the hospital has been peaceful. At least for me. The pain from my bruises and my leg still existed but I was free. They were still trying to get in contact with my family but I was fine.

It's been 3 days since Noah dropped me off at the hospital. Like I wanted him to, Noah told them that he had helped me escape Travis and Alex. I told the police the rest.

The first day was groggy since they put me under a lot of meds and i had surgery later that day. The second day it was a little less chaotic but the police came and asked questions. Today, nothing much is happening. I'm still under meds but not as much so I can understand what's going on around me.

I havn't seen Noah ever since he dropped me off here but I'm hoping to see him soon. I'm hoping to see my family again most of all. I don't even know how long I was gone but I do know that I miss them more than anything.

So to sum it all up: I'm just relived and happy for the first time in forever.

I could finally relax and not worry about getting hurt anymore. I closed my eyes and leaned aginst the bed. Not long after, the nurse came in like she does every hour to check if I needed anything and to check all the machines by my bed.

"Hello, miss." She politely greeted.

"Hi." Likes always, she checked the machines, pressed buttons, and wrote stuff down on a clipboard.

Before leaving, she asked, "Do you need anything?"

"No thanks."

"Ok." she was about to leave before turning back around to say, "They got in touch with your parents by the way." My face brightened up. "They should be here by tomorrow, Thuirsday at the latest." She smiled.

"Thank you."

I couldn't belive this. I'm actually going to see my family again.

Twenty minutes later, someone entered the room. I was on the verge of sleeping but I still looked to see who it was.

"How do you always find a way to leave me?" He said with a smirk. Suddenly I wasn't so tired anymore.