Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17:

It was like the car crash all over again. I was moving but I had no control over it. This time instead of me moving through the forest I was going downstairs. I was being carried again but unlike before I don't know by who.

My eyes were closed but it wasn't hard to figure out that we were in the kitchen because it is the only place where the light is bright enough to seem like I have my eyes open. My back touches a cold surface and theres a loud racket of metal clinking together.

The only feeling was in my back and hands. My legs were completely numb. I couldn't move a muscle.

It's the weirdest feeling in the world. Not being able to be in control of your own body. I just layed there, not able to protect myslef from whatever is going on. I'm just going to end up going along with what they're doing without choice and have to end up feeling all the pain later on.

A few more minutes, or seconds later, a drawer was shoved closed and I think I flinched. Even my thoughts can't correspond to my body. I can't think straight. Am I numbed or drugged? I've never been high before so I'm not sure. If I was ever high would I even remember it?

Sarah! Stay focused. Ok, ok. What am I supposed to do? Not like I can move.

Time passed, miutes or seconds I don't even know at this point, but I could actually gained some feeling in my face. My eyes darted open and instantly moved towards the other body in the room with me.

Noah.

It was Noah. Unlike Travis, I didn't know Alex and him that well. All I really know is that they're helping Travis kidnap me for some reason.

I don't know if he's anything like Travis. Or if he's totally different. The only sign I got from him was when he refused to give me up to Travis that day they took me from my first escape.

I guess that's good. Or he just wanted to keep me for himslef. Whatever it is, I don't know what to expect from him at all.

I lifted my head off of the island slightly and instantly regretted it. My head pounded and a groan escaped my lips. Noah's head snapped to my directon and raced to my side. His eyes searched my face worried.

Is that a good sign? Should I trust him? What if he turns out being like Travis and only cares for a split seocnd before returning to reality and realizing he hates me?

"Sarah, what happened?" He soothingly asked, moving the hair from my face. 

My throat clogged up and when I tried to talk it came out in a fist of coughs and grabbed my legs from the pain that just started. 

He turned to what my hands were grabbing and began rolling up the pajama pants up until my mid thigh, exposing a deep purple and blue bruise marking my leg from my calf to just above my knee. he looked horrified and scared at the same time. Looking like he was about to pull all of his hair out, i grabbed his fists and pointed to the water near the counter, hoping it would help my throat. 

After recieving the glass of water, i asked, "Where are the others?" 

"Clubbing."

"Noah, you have to take me to the hospital please. I swear I will not let them get you just get me out of here!"

"Sarah-"

"Please Noah!"

He looked at me, his two options conlflicting his head. Help me and get me out of here or leave me here to get worse in condition. My mind raced with what might happen if he decided to leave me here.

With a deep sigh, he picked me up and raced to his car. He raced down the roads, cop cars trailing us since we got on the highway near the city.

"Noah, if they asked what happened, you helped me escape." I breathed through the pain. 

Noah hadn't really done anything to harm me ever since I met him. Sure he helped Travis catch me when I first tried to escape but when you really think about it, he hesitated before giving me up to Travis and he's helping me escape for real this time. 

"Sarah, I have as much responsiblity for you getting caught as Travis."

"Please Noah, just say that and I'll explain everything else," I begged. 

"Fine but-"

"Noah please."

He sighed in defeat parking in front of the emergency entrance and picking me up, leading me inside.